“When the electric cable fell on the van, all three of them jumped out of the vehicle and fell on the electric cable and were electrocuted”
Three soldiers attached to the Boossa Army camp died on the spot unexpectedly when an electric cable fell on a van yesterday (04) evening opposite the Ginthota Mosque in Galle. The three Army soldiers and the driving instructor were hospitalized at the Karapitiya Base Hospital as they were traumatized due to the incident.
However, it is revealed the High Voltage Electric cable has fallen since a Squirrel was electrocuted while on the cable and the cable has set into flames and fell on the van where the Army personnels were travelling.
Two other soldiers who were in the van when the accident occurred were unharmed.
Minister of Power and Energy Ranjith Siyambalapitiya has ordered the Ministry’s Chairman to conduct investigation into the incident and to submit the report within 24 hours.