Hirunews Logo
Fire+Breaks+Out+at+Building+in+Chilaw
Thursday, 12 November 2015 - 14:43
Fire Breaks Out at Building in Chilaw
28

Shares
3,386

Views

The Chilaw police headquarters state that today (12) the fire brigade attached to the Chilaw Municipal Council (MC) has doused the fire inside the two story building opposite the District General Hospital situated at Colombo road Chilaw mid-town.

The Chilaw Ananda National School is also situated nearby. A police officer who was engaged in traffic duty noticed smoke emitting from the top floor of the building immediately informed the police and the electrical engineering office.

Accordingly the electricity board’s service maintenance officials promptly arrived and disconnected the electricity connection. Afterwards the fire brigade entered and doused the fire. It is suspected that the fire has been caused due to a fault in the air conditioner.

The air conditioners, electric items and computers in the office were burnt and damaged.

The police further states that the loss has not been accounted so far but suspects a loss of more than 10 lakhs.
















Photo Credits - Augustine Fernando, Jude Samantha


Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
Petroleum strike further continues
Tuesday, 25 July 2017 - 21:15
The Distribution of fuel has been negatively impacted, due to the ongoing strike which was launched at midnight, protesting against three issues including... Read More
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
412 Views
7,952 Views
4,436 Views
1,656 Views
36 Views
2,497 Views
Top