The investigation into the crash of a Russian passenger plane killing all 224 people onboard has found no indication of foul play, says Egypt's chief investigator.
Egypt has said it still has no evidence to back up Moscow's analysis that a "terrorist" attack had downed a Russian passenger plane at the end of October in the Sinai.
The vaguely worded statement released by Ayman el-Muqadam said the investigation committee so far has not found "any evidence" indicating foul play in the October 31 downing of the plane, killing all 224 people onboard, mostly Russian holidaymakers. The committee is "continuing its work," it said.
Russia has said an explosive device had been placed onboard the Airbus A321-200 and the Sinai branch of the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility. The crash led Russia to suspend all flights to and from Egypt, dealing a heavy blow to the country's vital tourism industry.
The A-321 airliner operated by Russia's Metrojet and bound for Saint Petersburg broke up mid-air over the Sinai, minutes after take-off.
The wreckage fell several kilometres across North Sinai - the bastion of the Egyptian branch of the jihadist Islamic State group, who claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it smuggled a bomb on board the plane.
El-Muqadam said the investigating committee completed its preliminary report on Sunday evening, which contained all available information that will be further investigated. (Foreign Media reports)