Hirunews Logo
Belgium+terror+alert+halts+New+Year+fireworks+in+Brussels
Thursday, 31 December 2015 - 9:33
Belgium terror alert halts New Year fireworks in Brussels
6,100

Views

New Year fireworks and festivities have been cancelled in the Belgian capital, Brussels, because of a terror alert.

Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel said the decision had been taken given information they have received.

Belgium has been on high alert since the terror attacks of 13th November in Paris. Several of the perpetrators are thought to have been based in Belgium.

Brussels Mayor Yvan Mayeur told TV, that together with the interior minister, they've decided to not have the celebrations this evening."

Last year 100,000 people turned out in Brussels to welcome in the New Year.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
Farmers occupy A-9 road to dry paddy
Thursday, 22 February 2018 - 13:52
The drivers who are using the A-9 road complain that farmers have occupied certain sections of the road stretch from Puliyankulama to Mullaitivu to dry... Read More
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
3,511 Views
15,512 Views
662 Views
3,078 Views
432 Views
16,975 Views
Top