Hirunews Logo
2-Year-Old+Girl+Dies+After+Being+%E2%80%98Forced%E2%80%99+To+Drink+Cough+Syrup+By+%27Drunk%27+Father
Tuesday, 21 June 2016 - 10:09
2-Year-Old Girl Dies After Being ‘Forced’ To Drink Cough Syrup By 'Drunk' Father
6

Shares
732

Views

A two-year-old girl from Nalasopara died of a drug overdose after her "drunk" father allegedly forced her to drink cough syrup for adults on Sunday. The Tuling police have detained the father, Vikas Netke, on suspicion and seized the cough syrup bottle that was prescribed to him.

The police said a murder case will be filed if the post-mortem report suggests that the girl was hit and forced to drink the cough syrup. They will also record the statement of her four-year-old brother, the sole eyewitness. The boy has reportedly told his mother that Vikas hit Shraddha on the back, then forced the entire bottle of cough syrup down her throat.

Around 3.30pm, neighbours found the girl, Shraddha, lying motionless in her house in Shirdi Nagar and Vikas sitting next to her. They rushed her to hospital where she was declared dead. They told the police that they heard Shraddha and her four-year-old brother crying in the afternoon, but ignored it as Vikas, who is unemployed, used to beat his children after coming home drunk.

Vikas told the police that he gave his daughter the syrup as she was coughing and when she didn't wake up for a long time, he raised an alarm. But his wife, in her statement, said that her daughter was in perfect health, and there was no need to administer her the cough syrup.

The police said there were no injury marks on the girl's body and have registered a case of accidental death. They are awaiting the post-mortem report from J J Hospital, Indian media reports.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
45 Views
1,591 Views
1,695 Views
38,933 Views
1,770 Views
40,056 Views
Top