Hirunews Logo
Five-Year-Old+Goes+Into+Coma+During+Surgery%2C+Family+Alleges+Negligence+By+Hospital
Tuesday, 21 June 2016 - 10:52
Five-Year-Old Goes Into Coma During Surgery, Family Alleges Negligence By Hospital
158

Shares
19,066

Views

A simple plastic surgery has proved to be life-threatening for a five-year-old boy from Bengaluru, who has been in coma for the last nine days. Lakshya is now battling for his life and has been put on a life-support machine.

Lakshya had injured his finger at school on June 10, after which his parents admitted him to Mallya Hospital. After the doctors conducted the surgery, Lakshya went into coma. The doctors later referred him to Manipal Hospital.

The boy named Lakshay P had hurt his fingures while playing at his classroom desk on June 10. Lakshay’s father Purushottam received a call from teacher that his son had injured his fingers and required urgent medical intervention.

“The hospital authorities demanded RS 60,000 and said the surgery needs to be done in six hours. I didn’t think much about the money and deposited RS. 25,000 Before the surgery, my son was fine and he was playing games,” boy’s father Purushottam told local media.

After few hours of the surgery, the doctor told the family that oxygen was not supplied to Lakshay, which led to damage in his heart and lungs.

“We were shocked to hear this. The doctors said Lakshay had some heart problem. We said he was fine. The doctors forced us to accept that our child had some heart problem from before. Later on, the hospital authorities asked us to shift my son to the Manipal Hospital, It has been nine days and he is still in coma.” Purushottam added.

Meanwhile, Karnataka home ministry has taken a notice of the matter and said that medical negligence on part of any doctor or hospital will be dealt with severely and action would be taken against them, reportedly.

The doctors at Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru were quoted by NewsX as saying that Lakshya 's brain has been damaged and that he is currently under observation. Sanjeev Bagai, Director, Manipal Hospital told NewsX that the boy may have developed complications during the course of anaesthesia which led to him slipping into coma, Indian media reports.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
138 Views
1,675 Views
1,703 Views
38,973 Views
1,881 Views
40,126 Views
Top