Hirunews Logo
Kuwait+%27Foils+Three+Planned+IS+Attacks%27
Tuesday, 05 July 2016 - 12:51
Kuwait 'Foils Three Planned IS Attacks'
62

Shares
7,540

Views

The authorities in Kuwait say they have thwarted three planned attacks by so-called Islamic State, including a plot to blow up a Shia mosque.

An interior ministry statement said security agencies had arrested five Kuwaitis and an Asian in a series of raids inside Kuwait and abroad.

Those held include a woman and her son, who were living between Syria and Iraq.

Last year, a Saudi suicide bomber killed 27 people when he blew himself up inside a Shia mosque in Kuwait City.

At least one man has been sentenced to death in connection with the attack, which IS said it was behind.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
Top 25 beaches in the world
Saturday, 25 February 2017 - 12:02
TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards reveals top 25 beaches in the world. Baia do Sancho on the Brazilian archipelago Fernando de Noronha takes the top... Read More
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
1,806 Views
3,932 Views
2,695 Views
4,280 Views
2,786 Views
48,204 Views
Top