Hirunews Logo
ISIS+Claims+Suicide+Bombing+That+Killed+48+In+Syria
Thursday, 28 July 2016 - 10:06
ISIS Claims Suicide Bombing That Killed 48 In Syria
13

Shares
1,586

Views

A suicide bombing killed 48 people, among them women and children, Wednesday in northern Syria, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

A truck bomb exploded near buildings belonging to a Kurdish security agency and other governmental departments in the city of Qamishli near the border with Turkey, CNN reports.

The observatory said 140 people were hurt.

ISIS claimed responsibility and said one of its members drove a truck rigged with explosives to reach the Kurdish administrative complex where defense, interior and military recruiting departments operated. Kurdish officials are trying to learn how ISIS was able to get so much explosives into their stronghold.

ISIS said the suicide operation was a "response to the crimes committed by the coalition warplanes against the vulnerable people of men, women and children in Manbij City."

Human rights groups said last week that U.S.-led airstrikes in and around the ISIS-controlled city of Manbij have killed more than 100 and wounded dozens more since June.

Click below to watch the video....




Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
946 Views
9,775 Views
4,673 Views
3,370 Views
151 Views
4,881 Views
Top