Hirunews Logo
No+threat+of+removal+of+Dambulla+Cave+Temple+from+world+heritage+list%2C+says+UNESCO
Friday, 19 August 2016 - 7:17
No threat of removal of Dambulla Cave Temple from world heritage list, says UNESCO
26

Shares
3,130

Views

UNESCO attests that there is no danger of the removal of the historical Rangiri Dambulu Cave Temple from the world heritage list.

The office of UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova who participated in a tour of Sri Lanka issued the above announcement in response to the media reports of the news briefing the UNESCO Director General held in Colombo.

Some media had reported that the steps for maintenance of the Dambulu Cave Temple were not satisfactory and that therefore there was a risk of the Temple being removed from the World Heritage List.

The UNESCO Director General said that she had not made such a statement with regard to the historical Dambulla Cave Temple containing about 2000 years old 157 Buddhist statues and cave frescoes.

UNESCO said that an overview team had been appointed to inspect the Dambulla Cave Temple and that it was a team of consultancy with regard to cultural properties. 

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
627 Views
1,256 Views
1,642 Views
38,744 Views
1,329 Views
39,752 Views
Top