Hirunews Logo
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
Indian+children+died+after+%27eating+lychees+on+empty+stomach%27
Thursday, 02 February 2017 - 14:33
Indian children died after 'eating lychees on empty stomach'
13

Shares
1,675

Views
US and Indian scientists say a mystery illness that killed more than 100 children a year in northern India was caused by eating lychees on an empty stomach.

For more than two decades, apparently healthy children in a region of Bihar suffered sudden seizures and lost consciousness.

Almost half died, baffling doctors.

New research, published in the medical journal The Lancet, now suggests they were poisoned by the fruit.
Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
You may also like :
HiruNews
Thursday, 16 August 2018 - 16:24
Mangroves play a critical role in maintaining the ecological balance in Sri Lanka's coastal areas.However, some money-hungry people do not understand this.Our... Read More
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
153 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
3,159 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
7,182 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
18,575 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
75 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
47,716 Views
Top