Hirunews Logo
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
A+student+dies+after+swallowing+an+iron+tablet+given+during+school+time
Thursday, 30 March 2017 - 18:39
A student dies after swallowing an iron tablet given during school time
126

Shares
15,204

Views
A 6-year old student from Palatuwa Gunarathana Central School in Matara has died after consuming an iron tablet he was served while at school.

The victim has been identified as Promod Tharushika from the same area.

Tharushika fell sick as he returned home on March 23rd and, he was rushed to Matara General Hospital.

He was transferred to Karapitiya Teaching Hospital as his health situation deteriorated.

However Tharushika died at the Karapitiya hospital.

Meanwhile, a senior spokesman of the Karapitiya hospital stated that the child has died due to an allergic reaction of the iron tablet.

He said however further details will be divulged by the post mortem.
Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
You may also like :
HiruNews
Thursday, 16 August 2018 - 16:24
Mangroves play a critical role in maintaining the ecological balance in Sri Lanka's coastal areas.However, some money-hungry people do not understand this.Our... Read More
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
1,598 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
730 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
6,594 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
16,502 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
16 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
44,842 Views
Top