Hirunews Logo
Elephant+dies+after+consuming+polythene+%28photos%29
Wednesday, 24 May 2017 - 12:46
Elephant dies after consuming polythene (photos)
65

Shares
7,887

Views
Wildlife Conservation Department says they found a dead body of an elephant inside Pollonnaruwa Water-flow reserve today.

Officials said that the dead elephant is aged 30.

Moreover, villagers in Gallella say that the elephant has died of consuming polythene inside the reserve which have been collected to be disposed.

Meanwhile, according to our correspondent, 25kg of polythene has been removed from the stomach of the dead elephant.

Environmentalists say that the garbage disposal does not happen properly in this reserve and thus 11 wild elephants have died so far due to polythene consumption.

    



Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
182 Views
15,150 Views
5,358 Views
8,487 Views
421 Views
12,907 Views
Top