CEB+strike+continues%2C+military+ready+to+step+in
Saturday, 16 September 2017 - 13:25
CEB strike continues, military ready to step in
30,721

Views

The Army Media Spokesperson, Major General Roshan Senevirathna says that if a request is made by the authorities, they are prepared to intervene to ensure continuous power supply.

The Army Spokesperson said that 89 teams are on standby.

Meanwhile, the CEB trade unions say that they would continue their strike irrespective of any challenges they might encounter.

The Secretary of the Lanka Viduli Sevaka Sangamaya, Ranjan Jayalal said that although the Ministry had requested retired employees to report to work, none had come so far.

Meanwhile, the Media Spokesperson of the Ministry of Power and Renewable Energy, Sulakshana Jayawardana said that acts of sabotage have been reported from some areas.

However, Ranjan Jayalal rejected the allegations.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
2,634 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
56,158 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
21,518 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
46,823 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
1,231 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
105,882 Views
Top