Hirunews Logo
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
Drug+over-dose+%E2%80%98cause%E2%80%99+of+British+ruggerite%E2%80%99s+death+%3F
Monday, 14 May 2018 - 14:39
Drug over-dose ‘cause’ of British ruggerite’s death ?
129

Shares
15,513

Views
Initial investigations have revealed that the visiting British rugby player who died of breathing difficulties had overdosed on narcotics and liquor.
 
The deceased rugby player’s colleague who was also fallen ill after consuming excessive amounts of drugs is currently receiving treatment in the intensive care unit of a private hospital in Colombo.
 
22-members of the ‘Clems Pirates Rugby team’ from the United Kingdom arrived in the island on 11th of May to participate in 2 friendly matches in Colombo.
 
After having dinner hosted by the Colombo rugby club, the two victims had visited a nightclub in Colpetty.
 
However, last morning (May 13), they had complained of breathing difficulties.
 
The management of the team hotel had admitted them into a private hospital in Colombo.
 
Police said the 26-year old died at the private hospital and his teammate is in critical condition.
 
The narcotics that were consumed by the two victims have not yet been identified.
 
The Colombo Fort Police said that the postmortem of the deceased will be conducted after his relatives arrive in Sri Lanka from Northern Ireland.
Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
You may also like :
HiruNews
Thursday, 16 August 2018 - 16:24
Mangroves play a critical role in maintaining the ecological balance in Sri Lanka's coastal areas.However, some money-hungry people do not understand this.Our... Read More
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
1,968 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
1,098 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
6,700 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
16,896 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
65 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
45,244 Views
Top