Drug+over-dose+%E2%80%98cause%E2%80%99+of+British+ruggerite%E2%80%99s+death+%3F
Monday, 14 May 2018 - 14:39
Drug over-dose ‘cause’ of British ruggerite’s death ?
15,727

Views
Initial investigations have revealed that the visiting British rugby player who died of breathing difficulties had overdosed on narcotics and liquor.
 
The deceased rugby player’s colleague who was also fallen ill after consuming excessive amounts of drugs is currently receiving treatment in the intensive care unit of a private hospital in Colombo.
 
22-members of the ‘Clems Pirates Rugby team’ from the United Kingdom arrived in the island on 11th of May to participate in 2 friendly matches in Colombo.
 
After having dinner hosted by the Colombo rugby club, the two victims had visited a nightclub in Colpetty.
 
However, last morning (May 13), they had complained of breathing difficulties.
 
The management of the team hotel had admitted them into a private hospital in Colombo.
 
Police said the 26-year old died at the private hospital and his teammate is in critical condition.
 
The narcotics that were consumed by the two victims have not yet been identified.
 
The Colombo Fort Police said that the postmortem of the deceased will be conducted after his relatives arrive in Sri Lanka from Northern Ireland.
Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
2,229 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
61,338 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
23,084 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
49,044 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
535 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
111,103 Views
Top