North+Korea+visit%3A+Trump+calls+off+Pompeo%27s+trip
Saturday, 25 August 2018 - 10:05
North Korea visit: Trump calls off Pompeo's trip
2,676

Views

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will not be travelling to North Korea in the immediate future after President Donald Trump asked him to call off a planned trip.

The US president said in a tweet that insufficient progress was being made on denuclearising the Korean peninsula.

And he suggested China was not doing enough to pressure North Korea - due to trade tensions with the US.

After his summit with the North Korean leader in June, that President Trump said the country was no longer a nuclear threat.

But since then there have been several reports that it is failing to dismantle nuclear facilities.

 

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
2,991 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
56,447 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
21,626 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
46,954 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
1,297 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
106,172 Views
Top