An individual dead due to inhaling a toxic gas

Tuesday, 21 May 2019 - 11:07

An+individual+dead+due+to+inhaling+a+toxic+gas

A person has died due to inhaling a toxic gas in Karangoda – Ratnapura.

The Police Media Spokesman’s office said that this individual had inhaled the poisonous gas when he had tried to rescue another person who had fallen into a pit dug for gem mining, yesterday.

The deceased is a 20-year-old resident of Karangoda.

The individual who fell into the pit and sustain serious injuries is receiving treatment at the Intensive Care Unit of the Ratnapura Hospital.



Two wards in two hospitals quarantined
Monday, 30 March 2020 - 21:56

Patients and staff at ward 5 of Kalubowila Hospital has been quarantined with the discovery of two Covid-19 infected patients. Meanwhile, ward 20... Read More

President announces further relief to people affected by Coronavirus
Monday, 30 March 2020 - 21:27

The President has decided to extend further financial and material assistance to low income and vulnerable families and families affected by the spread... Read More

Tensed situation near state owned ‘Osusala’ in Town Hall, Colombo
Monday, 30 March 2020 - 21:54

A tense situation was witnessed at the state owned ‘Osusala’ in Town Hall, Colombo this morning with the people who had come to receive the... Read More