Government+has+so+far+not+acquired+the+Neville+Fernando+hospital
Friday, 31 May 2019 - 8:03
Government has so far not acquired the Neville Fernando hospital
525

Views

Health Ministry Secretary Wasanthaa Perera has acknowledged before the Presidential Commission that although the Malabe Neville Fernando Hospital doesn't belong to the government, the government bears its loans and all other expenses. 

In addition the health ministry secretary has acknowledged that while through a cabinet paper ownership of the Neville Fernando hospital has been vested on SAITM itself for 10 years if it is to be acquired by the government, the acquisition should take place after this period.

Accordingly the ministry secretary has said at the commission that the hospital should be acquired by the government soon.

On this occasion the chairman of the commission has said that bearing of expenses of a private institution currently by the government was an adoption of a wrong financial policy and that it was a very dangerous procedure.

Further hearing of evidence regarding this was postponed till 8th June.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
HiruNews
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
825 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
47,189 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
18,522 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
42,305 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
185 Views
HiruNews
HiruNews
HiruNews
96,638 Views
Top