The main suspect of the Kahawaththa murder case named ‘Raaju’ and another suspect was brought to the scene of the murder today.
This was as part of the ongoing investigations.
Meanwhile, the wife of the main suspect was yesterday ordered to be placed in remand custody.
She had today testified for around 2 hours before Pelmadulla Magistrate Chandani Neranjala Dias today.
Through statements made by the suspects it has been revealed that a drug scandal was the reason for the murder of the mother and daughter in Kahawaththa.
The main suspect was one of the Coordinating Secretaries of Minister W D J Senevirathna.
We spoke to Minister W D J Senevirathna regarding the matter.
We also spoke to Police Media Spokesperson SP Ajith Rohana.
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA IOC - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-07
- BOGALA GRAPHITE - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-07
- SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-07
- ANNUAL REPORTS 2013 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, BAIRAHA FARMS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06
- LION BREWERY - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-06
- SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-06
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-06
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-03-06
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06