The main suspect of the Kahawaththa murder case named ‘Raaju’ and another suspect was brought to the scene of the murder today.
This was as part of the ongoing investigations.
Meanwhile, the wife of the main suspect was yesterday ordered to be placed in remand custody.
She had today testified for around 2 hours before Pelmadulla Magistrate Chandani Neranjala Dias today.
Through statements made by the suspects it has been revealed that a drug scandal was the reason for the murder of the mother and daughter in Kahawaththa.
The main suspect was one of the Coordinating Secretaries of Minister W D J Senevirathna.
We spoke to Minister W D J Senevirathna regarding the matter.
We also spoke to Police Media Spokesperson SP Ajith Rohana.
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-26
- DE-LISTING OF NDB CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC 2015-01-26
- PRADESHIYA SANWARDANA BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-01-26
- ASIAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-01-26
- BANK OF CEYLON - RESIGNATION OF CHAIRMAN & CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-26
- MIRAMAR BEACH HOTEL - IMPOSING A TRADE SUSPENSION UNDER THE DIRECTIVE ISSUED UNDER SECTION 13(C) OF THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OF SRI LANKA 2015-01-26
- LAUGFS GAS, UNITED MOTORS, PEOPLE'S LEASING, ASIA ASSET FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-01-26
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-01-26
- CITRUS LEISURE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-01-26
- AMANA TAKAFUL - RIGHTS ISSUE (NOTIFICATION ON THE LISTING OF SHARES) 2015-01-27
- DISTILLERIES COMPANY, BLUE DIAMONDS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-27
- MERCHANT BANK - RESIGNATION OF CHAIRMAN 2015-01-27
- DISCLOSURE RE: MANDATORY OFFER BY ACL CABLES PLC, NDB CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC AND TRYDAN PARTNERS (PRIVATE) LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ISSUED AND PAID UP ORDINARY SHARES OF RESUS ENERGY PLC 2015-01-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2015-01-27
- VIDULLANKA, ALUMEX, SELINSING - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-01-27