The main suspect of the Kahawaththa murder case named ‘Raaju’ and another suspect was brought to the scene of the murder today.
This was as part of the ongoing investigations.
Meanwhile, the wife of the main suspect was yesterday ordered to be placed in remand custody.
She had today testified for around 2 hours before Pelmadulla Magistrate Chandani Neranjala Dias today.
Through statements made by the suspects it has been revealed that a drug scandal was the reason for the murder of the mother and daughter in Kahawaththa.
The main suspect was one of the Coordinating Secretaries of Minister W D J Senevirathna.
We spoke to Minister W D J Senevirathna regarding the matter.
We also spoke to Police Media Spokesperson SP Ajith Rohana.
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE, KELANI CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-28
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-28
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN & DEPUTY CHAIRMAN 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- UNITED MOTORS LANKA - EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING 2014-07-28
- DIPPED PRODUCTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY LIMITED ('THE COMPANY') - OFFER FOR SUBSCRIPTION 2014-07-28
- PCH HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-28
- DUNAMIS CAPITAL - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-07-28
- LANKA VENTURES, CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-25
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-25