Foreign media reports state that a Sri Lankan woman residing in Dubai has sustained burns due to an acid spill.
The woman who is said to be 22 years old had sustained the acid burns while engaging in household cleaning activities.
The woman had spilt the variety of acid which is a solvent used for cleaning drainage pipes on her self. Subsequently due to her screaming her husband had rushed to the spot and admitted her to hospital.
The victim has already undergone two surgeries while she is due under go another.
The foreign employment bureau states that an investigation in this regard will be launched via the sri lankan embassy in Dubai.
Meanwhile one of the 3 individuals who succumb to their injuries during a karoke bar fire in North Korea has been identified as Gayan chamara, a resident of Deniyaya, Waralla.
Gayan who left for Korea upon passing the Korean Language proficiency test is believed to have been 28 years old at the time of his death.
Relatives of the deceased individuals have requested of authorities to have the body of the deceased individual flown down to Sri Lanka as soon as possible.