Hirunews Logo
NATO+hits+back+at+Libya%27s+civilian+deaths+report
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 - 8:21
NATO hits back at Libya's civilian deaths report
8

Shares
1,001

Views

NATO has hit back at a report urging the alliance to investigate fully the deaths of civilians in air strikes in Libya last year.

Human Rights Watch said at least 72 civilians had been killed in the strikes and the group needed to bear responsibility where appropriate.

But NATO's spokeswoman said the campaign was conducted "with unprecedented care and precision".

Aircraft from the US, the UK and France conducted most of the 9,658 strikes last year, targeting forces loyal to Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
581 Views
112 Views
1,761 Views
39,171 Views
2,596 Views
40,573 Views
Top