The individual who was convicted guilty of the Royal Park murder case,
Jude Shermantha Jayamaha has been revoked his 12 year prison sentence and has been commuted with the death sentence instead by the Appeals court today.
The case which was initially taken up at the Colombo High courts, passed verdict on the accused, there by sentencing him to serve 12 years in prison.
The revised court judgement by the appeals court comes in the wake of an appeal which was filed by the Attorney-General who had moved court to commute a more stringent sentence on the accused.
Moreover the relatives of the accused at this juncture had requested of court to negate this 12 year prison term.
Accordingly Appeals Court Justices Ranjith Silva & Nalin Perera who perused the case findings today decreed the death sentence on the accused.
Jude Shramantha Jayamaha, was commuted the death sentence by the Appeals Court today for the murder of a 19 year old Swedish girl, Yvonne Jhonssens at the Royal Park apartment complex on the 30th of June 2005.
- COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-11
- SEC DIRECTIVE - TRADING SUSPENSION OF THE SHARES OF TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS PLC 2014-03-11
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-11
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING 2014-03-11
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFER 2014-03-11
- KEGALLE PLANTATIONS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEBENTURE ISSUE (BASIS OF ALLOTMENT) 2014-03-11
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-10
- CARSON CUMBERBATCH - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-10
- DELISTING OF BERUWALA WALK INN PLC 2014-03-10
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-03-10
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-10
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07