The individual who was convicted guilty of the Royal Park murder case,
Jude Shermantha Jayamaha has been revoked his 12 year prison sentence and has been commuted with the death sentence instead by the Appeals court today.
The case which was initially taken up at the Colombo High courts, passed verdict on the accused, there by sentencing him to serve 12 years in prison.
The revised court judgement by the appeals court comes in the wake of an appeal which was filed by the Attorney-General who had moved court to commute a more stringent sentence on the accused.
Moreover the relatives of the accused at this juncture had requested of court to negate this 12 year prison term.
Accordingly Appeals Court Justices Ranjith Silva & Nalin Perera who perused the case findings today decreed the death sentence on the accused.
Jude Shramantha Jayamaha, was commuted the death sentence by the Appeals Court today for the murder of a 19 year old Swedish girl, Yvonne Jhonssens at the Royal Park apartment complex on the 30th of June 2005.
- E - CHANNELLING - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-21
- UNITED MOTORS, AMANA TAKAFUL, UNION CHEMICALS, FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY - DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 36 OF TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 2014-04-11