The individual who was convicted guilty of the Royal Park murder case,
Jude Shermantha Jayamaha has been revoked his 12 year prison sentence and has been commuted with the death sentence instead by the Appeals court today.
The case which was initially taken up at the Colombo High courts, passed verdict on the accused, there by sentencing him to serve 12 years in prison.
The revised court judgement by the appeals court comes in the wake of an appeal which was filed by the Attorney-General who had moved court to commute a more stringent sentence on the accused.
Moreover the relatives of the accused at this juncture had requested of court to negate this 12 year prison term.
Accordingly Appeals Court Justices Ranjith Silva & Nalin Perera who perused the case findings today decreed the death sentence on the accused.
Jude Shramantha Jayamaha, was commuted the death sentence by the Appeals Court today for the murder of a 19 year old Swedish girl, Yvonne Jhonssens at the Royal Park apartment complex on the 30th of June 2005.
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-27
- MIRAMAR BEACH HOTEL - Audited Financial Statements 2015-02-27
- UNION BANK OF COLOMBO & HNB ASSURANCE - Annual Reports 2014 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS, MERCANTILE INVESTMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2015-02-27
- RENUKA FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS, LANKA WALLTILES, BAIRAHA FARMS, INDO MALAY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS - 2015 WARRANT CONVERSION 2015-02-27
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS CORPORATION - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-26
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-20