Hirunews Logo
Libya+%27arrests+50%27+over+Benghazi+US+consulate+deaths+++
Monday, 17 September 2012 - 8:16
Libya 'arrests 50' over Benghazi US consulate deaths
7

Shares
930

Views

The president of Libya's interim assembly says that Libyan authorities have arrested some 50 people in connection with last week's deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi.

Libya's interim president, Mohammed Magarief, told the media that he had "no doubt" the attack was pre-planned, and suggested that al-Qaeda was behind the deadly assault.

That appears to contradict US envoy to the UN Susan Rice who told media, that the evidence suggested it had been part of "spontaneous" protests.

US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other US consulate staff, were killed.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
621 Views
154 Views
1,763 Views
39,215 Views
2,655 Views
40,610 Views
Top