The Ministry of Health has declined rumors which claim that 200 patients placed on the waiting list at the Maligawaththa Kidney Hospital have died.
According to the Ministry of Health investigations are underway to ascertain the basis of an article which was published by a daily newspaper in this regard.
Over 1600 patients arrive at the Maligawaththa Kidney hospital on a daily basis.
23 mortalities have occurred at the hospital commencing from June 2012 until present.
Out of this 21 deaths have resulted due to chronic renal failure.
Director of the hospital Dr. A.M.M Riyas speaking to our news team noted that uninterrupted treatment results in the termination of the disease.
However against this backdrop UNP MP P. Harrisson speaking to our news team noted that youth in the North Central province were unable to enter into matrimony due to the prevalence of the disease in the region.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today UNP MP P. Harrison expressed the following views.
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY - DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 36 OF TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 2014-04-11
- BAIRAHA FARMS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- BIMPUTH FINANCE - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-04-11
- COLOMBO DOCKYARD - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:CHANGE IN MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO 2014-04-11