The Ministry of Health has declined rumors which claim that 200 patients placed on the waiting list at the Maligawaththa Kidney Hospital have died.
According to the Ministry of Health investigations are underway to ascertain the basis of an article which was published by a daily newspaper in this regard.
Over 1600 patients arrive at the Maligawaththa Kidney hospital on a daily basis.
23 mortalities have occurred at the hospital commencing from June 2012 until present.
Out of this 21 deaths have resulted due to chronic renal failure.
Director of the hospital Dr. A.M.M Riyas speaking to our news team noted that uninterrupted treatment results in the termination of the disease.
However against this backdrop UNP MP P. Harrisson speaking to our news team noted that youth in the North Central province were unable to enter into matrimony due to the prevalence of the disease in the region.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today UNP MP P. Harrison expressed the following views.
- BANSEI ROYAL RESORTS HIKKADUWA - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-03
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - CHANGE OF COMPANY SECRETARY / REGISTRAR 2015-03-03
- HEMAS HOLDINGS - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE: RIGHTS ISSUE 2015-03-03
- AMANA TAKAFUL - Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-03-02
- SINGER SRI LANKA, REGNIS (LANKA), COLOMBO DOCKYARD, SIERRA CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2015-03-02
- HATTON NATIONAL BANK - Annual Report 2014 2015-03-02
- MACKWOODS ENERGY, ALUMEX, LAUGFS GAS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-03-02
- HDFC BANK, ODEL, DFCC BANK, DFCC VARDHANA BANK, THE LANKA HOSPITAL - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-02
- DFCC VARDHANA BANK - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2015-03-02
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL CORPORATION - CHANGE OF COMPANY REGISTRAR 2015-03-02
- SINGER SRI LANKA, REGNIS (LANKA), COLOMBO DOCKYARD - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2015-03-02
- HDFC BANK, ODEL, DFCC BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-02
- HAYLEYS - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-03-02
- MACKWOODS ENERGY, ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-03-02
- NAMAL ACUITY VALUE FUND - NET ASSET VALUE 2015-03-02