The Ministry of Health has declined rumors which claim that 200 patients placed on the waiting list at the Maligawaththa Kidney Hospital have died.
According to the Ministry of Health investigations are underway to ascertain the basis of an article which was published by a daily newspaper in this regard.
Over 1600 patients arrive at the Maligawaththa Kidney hospital on a daily basis.
23 mortalities have occurred at the hospital commencing from June 2012 until present.
Out of this 21 deaths have resulted due to chronic renal failure.
Director of the hospital Dr. A.M.M Riyas speaking to our news team noted that uninterrupted treatment results in the termination of the disease.
However against this backdrop UNP MP P. Harrisson speaking to our news team noted that youth in the North Central province were unable to enter into matrimony due to the prevalence of the disease in the region.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today UNP MP P. Harrison expressed the following views.
- Annual Reports 2013/2014 2014-09-01
- EASTERN MERCHANTS, VIDULLANKA, COLOMBO FORT INVESTMENTS, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-01
- CEYLON LEATHER PRODUCTS, THE KINGSBURY, FIRST CAPITAL - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-09-01
- ACL CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-09-01
- EASTERN MERCHANTS, VIDULLANKA, COLOMBO FORT INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-01
- DFCC BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-09-01
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-01
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-01
- EASTERN MERCHANTS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-01
- LAUGFS GAS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-01
- EASTERN MERCHANTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-01
- DISCLOSURE RE: MANDATORY OFFER BY CARGILLS BANK LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF CAPITAL ALLIANCE FINANCE PLC 2014-09-01
- ABANS ELECTRICALS, MACKWOODS ENERGY - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS (DATES) 2014-09-01
- ABANS ELECTRICALS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT (DATES) 2014-09-01
- NAMAL ACUITY VALUE FUND - NET ASSET VALUE 2014-09-01