The Ministry of Health has declined rumors which claim that 200 patients placed on the waiting list at the Maligawaththa Kidney Hospital have died.
According to the Ministry of Health investigations are underway to ascertain the basis of an article which was published by a daily newspaper in this regard.
Over 1600 patients arrive at the Maligawaththa Kidney hospital on a daily basis.
23 mortalities have occurred at the hospital commencing from June 2012 until present.
Out of this 21 deaths have resulted due to chronic renal failure.
Director of the hospital Dr. A.M.M Riyas speaking to our news team noted that uninterrupted treatment results in the termination of the disease.
However against this backdrop UNP MP P. Harrisson speaking to our news team noted that youth in the North Central province were unable to enter into matrimony due to the prevalence of the disease in the region.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today UNP MP P. Harrison expressed the following views.
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE, KELANI CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-28
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-28
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN & DEPUTY CHAIRMAN 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- UNITED MOTORS LANKA - EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING 2014-07-28
- DIPPED PRODUCTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY LIMITED ('THE COMPANY') - OFFER FOR SUBSCRIPTION 2014-07-28
- PCH HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-28
- DUNAMIS CAPITAL - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-07-28
- LANKA VENTURES, CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-25
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-25