The Ministry of Health has declined rumors which claim that 200 patients placed on the waiting list at the Maligawaththa Kidney Hospital have died.
According to the Ministry of Health investigations are underway to ascertain the basis of an article which was published by a daily newspaper in this regard.
Over 1600 patients arrive at the Maligawaththa Kidney hospital on a daily basis.
23 mortalities have occurred at the hospital commencing from June 2012 until present.
Out of this 21 deaths have resulted due to chronic renal failure.
Director of the hospital Dr. A.M.M Riyas speaking to our news team noted that uninterrupted treatment results in the termination of the disease.
However against this backdrop UNP MP P. Harrisson speaking to our news team noted that youth in the North Central province were unable to enter into matrimony due to the prevalence of the disease in the region.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today UNP MP P. Harrison expressed the following views.
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA IOC - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-07
- BOGALA GRAPHITE - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-07
- SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-07
- ANNUAL REPORTS 2013 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, BAIRAHA FARMS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06
- LION BREWERY - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-06
- SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-06
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-06
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-03-06
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06