A special investigation is being launched into the self immolation of Venerable Bowaththe Indrarathna Thero who set himself on fire before the Sri Dalada Maligawa in Kandy.
According to Police Media spokesperson SP Buddhika Siriwardhana a special police team attached to the Kandy police is conducting the investigation.
The aim of the investigation is to ascertain if the thero had been incited in any manner commit the act.
Meanwhile according to sources at the Colombo National Hospital the condition of Venerable Bowaththe Indrarathna Thero remains critical as he has been affixed to an artificial respiratory unit.
Meanwhile the Sinhala Rawaya Organisation had called in a media briefing to discuss the self immolation of Venerable Bowaththe Indrarathna Thero.
Incidentally Venerable Bowaththe Indrarathna Thero served as the Hambanthota District Chairman of the Sinhala Rawaya Organization.
Chairman of the Sinhala Rawaya Organization Venerable Akmeemana Dayarathana Thero expressed the following views in this regard.
Meanwhile UNP MP Ajith P.Perera had this to say regarding the incident.
Moreover the National Freedom Front issuing a release today urged authorities to focus their attention on the matter.
The NFF in its release has urged the President to focus his immediate attention on the matter in a bid to resolve the issue.
Venerable Bowaththe Indarathana Thero who contested the 2011 provincial polls under the JHU ticket was elected to the Palmadulla Pradeshiya Sabha.
- C T LAND DEVELOPMENT - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT (AMENDED DATES) 2014-07-31
- ROYAL CERAMICS LANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-31
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-31
- NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK - INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-31
- HAYCARB - INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 & PRESS RELEASE 2014-07-31
- UNION ASSURANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-31
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-30
- ODEL - INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 & PRESS RELEASE 2014-07-30
- LANKA VENTURES - AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 31.03.2014 2014-07-30
- CEYLON LEATHER PRODUCTS - 2014 WARRANTS CONVERSION 2014-07-30
- MEDIA RELEASE: CSE INTRODUCES AN E-STATEMENT SERVICE TO CDS ACCOUNT HOLDERS 2014-07-30
- TRADE FINANCE & INVESTMENTS, E-CHANNELLING - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-30
- ADAM INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY - DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-07-30