Three persons were killed in a motor vehicle accident that occurred in the vicinity of the Manampitiya-Kotaleeya bridge at about 3.30 this dawn.
This accident occurred while they were traveling in a private bus back home on after attending a Samurdhi workshop.
The police suspects that this accident may have taken place as a result of the driver falling asleep.
A hospital spokesman told our news team that another 20 persons were wounded in the accident and admitted to the Polonnaruwa Hospital.
The Polonnaruwa police said further that persons thus killed were residents of Batticaloa.
- TAL LANKA HOTELS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-21
- LANKA ORIX LEASING COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-11-21
- HEMAS POWER - CHANGE OF NAME 2014-11-21
- HATTON NATIONAL BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-11-21
- NAWALOKA HOSPITALS, UNITED MOTORS LANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-21
- KALAMAZOO SYSTEMS - Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-11-24
- ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING - RIGHTS ISSUE (NOTIFICATION ON THE LISTING OF SHARES) 2014-11-24
- KAHAWATTE PLANTATIONS - DEMISE OF THE CHAIRMAN 2014-11-24
- DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-24
- MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA - CHANGE OF THE COMPANY NAME 2014-11-24
- MANDATORY OFFER BY MUTHOOT FINANCE LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC 2014-11-24
- DUNAMIS CAPITAL - RATING REVIEW 2014-11-24
- LAUGFS GAS, LANKA TILES, SWISSTEK (CEYLON), PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION, KOTMALE HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-24
- ALLIANCE FINANCE - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-25
- LANKA CEMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-25