Three persons were killed in a motor vehicle accident that occurred in the vicinity of the Manampitiya-Kotaleeya bridge at about 3.30 this dawn.
This accident occurred while they were traveling in a private bus back home on after attending a Samurdhi workshop.
The police suspects that this accident may have taken place as a result of the driver falling asleep.
A hospital spokesman told our news team that another 20 persons were wounded in the accident and admitted to the Polonnaruwa Hospital.
The Polonnaruwa police said further that persons thus killed were residents of Batticaloa.
- TRADE FINANCE & INVESTMENTS, E-CHANNELLING - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-30
- ADAM INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY - DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL, RAIGAM WAYAMBA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-30
- TRADE FINANCE & INVESTMENTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL WORKS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS - FURTHER DISCLOSURE RE: DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- JOHN KEELLS HOTELS - Interim financial statements 30-06-2014 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE, KELANI CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-28
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28