Three persons were killed in a motor vehicle accident that occurred in the vicinity of the Manampitiya-Kotaleeya bridge at about 3.30 this dawn.
This accident occurred while they were traveling in a private bus back home on after attending a Samurdhi workshop.
The police suspects that this accident may have taken place as a result of the driver falling asleep.
A hospital spokesman told our news team that another 20 persons were wounded in the accident and admitted to the Polonnaruwa Hospital.
The Polonnaruwa police said further that persons thus killed were residents of Batticaloa.
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-27
- MIRAMAR BEACH HOTEL - Audited Financial Statements 2015-02-27
- UNION BANK OF COLOMBO & HNB ASSURANCE - Annual Reports 2014 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS, MERCANTILE INVESTMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2015-02-27
- RENUKA FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS, LANKA WALLTILES, BAIRAHA FARMS, INDO MALAY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS - 2015 WARRANT CONVERSION 2015-02-27
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS CORPORATION - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-26
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-20