The UFPA swept the victory of the North Western and Central Provincial Council elections while Ilangai Arasu Kachchi secured the victory of the Northern Provincial Council facing an election after 25 years.
In total the UPFA obtained 77 seats, the TNA obtained 30, the UNP won 28 seats, while Sarath Fonseka’s Democratic Party won 5 seats.
The SLMC obtained 4 seats, the Ceylon Workers Congress won 2 seats while the JVP obtained just 1 seat from all 3 provinces and the Upcountry Peoples Front also obtained 1 seat.
The North Western PC was won by the UPFA which obtained 705 thousand 181 votes, thus securing 34 seats including 2 bonus seats.
The UNP came in 2nd by obtaining 257,011, with 12 seats, while the Democratic Party led by Sarath Fonseka came in 3rd by obtaining 46,114 with 3 seats in the North Western PC.
The SLMC obtained 27,860 votes and won 2 seats while the JVP obtained 19,624 votes to win 1 seat in the North Western Province.
The UPFA bagged the Central Provincial Council also by obtaining 716,247 votes to secure 36 seats including 2 bonus seats.
UNP came in 2nd with 16 seats after having obtained 330,815 votes.
The Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi grabbed a little over 78 percent of the total votes in the Province. It obtained 353,595 votes to win 30 seats including 2 bonus seats out of 38 seats.
The UPFA obtained 82,838 votes to win 7 seats while the SLMC obtained 6,761 votes to win 1 seat.
In district wise, the Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi obtained 213,907 votes to secure 14 seats for the Jaffna district while the UPFA obtained 35,995 votes to win 2 seats.
In the Kilinochchi, the Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi obtained 37,079 votes to secure 3 seats while the UPFA obtained 7,897 to win 1 seat.
The Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi obtained 33,118 votes and secured 3 seats in the Mannar district while the UPFA obtained 15,404 to secure 1 seat.
The SLMC was able to win one seat in the Mannar district.
The Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi obtained 41,225 votes to secure 4 seats in the Vavuniya district while the UPFA obtained 16,633 votes securing 2 seats.
In the Mullaitivu district, the Ilangai Tamil Arasu Kachchi obtained 28,266 votes and secured 4 seats while the UPFA obtained 7,209 votes to win 1 seat.
In the Kandy district, the UPFA obtained 355,812 votes and secured 16 seats in the Central Provincial Council while the UNP obtained 200,187 votes and secured 9 seats.
The Democratic Party scored 37,431 votes to win 2 seats, the CWC scored 18,787 votes winning 1 seat and the SLMC obtained 11,137 votes and won 1 seat in the Central Provincial Council.
7 seats of the Matale district was gone to the UPFA when the party obtained 135,128 votes while the UNP secured 3 seats by obtaining 63,365 votes.
The CWC was able only to win one seat in the Matale district.
In the Nuwara Eliya district, the UPFA secured 11 seats by obtaining 225,307 votes while the UNP secured 4 seats by obtaining 67,263 votes.
Meanwhile the Upcountry Peoples Front has also won 1 seat.
In the Kurunegala district of the North Western Provincial Council, the UPFA gained 540,513 votes and grabbed 23 seats while the UNP obtained 169,668 votes to secure 7 seats.
The Democratic Party led by Sarath Fonseka obtained 36,096 votes to win 2 seats while the JVP and the SLMC have won 1 seat each.
The UPFA also won 164,675 votes in the Puttalam district to grab 9 seats in the North Western Provincial Council.
The UNP was only able to win 5 seats for its 87,343 votes.
The SLMC and the Democratic Party was able to win 1 seat each in the Puttalam district at the Provincial Council election that concluded today.
Watch Video >>>
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, MACKWOODS ENERGY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-01
- BANK OF CEYLON - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-10-01
- CHILAW FINANCE - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - MANDATORY OFFER BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-10-01
- ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - NOTIFICATION OF ACQUISITION OF SHARES IN TERMS OF RULE 36 OF THE TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 1995 (AS AMENDED) OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-10-01
- DISCLOSURE RE: VOLUNTARY OFFER BY CARGILLS (CEYLON) PLC TO ACQUIRE SHARES IN KOTMALE HOLDINGS PLC 2014-10-01
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-01
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN 2014-10-01
- NATION LANKA FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- NAMAL ACUITY VALUE FUND - NET ASSET VALUE 2014-10-01
- HAYLEYS MGT KNITTING MILLS - RELATED PARTY TRANSACTION 2014-09-30
- VIDULLANKA, HAYLEYS, ASIA SIYAKA COMMODITIES, PAN ASIA BANK, HAYLEYS MGT - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-30
- HAYLEYS MGT KNITTING MILLS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-30