The Queens Baton Relay ,for the 2014 Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow next year, arrived in Sri Lanka yesterday.
Over a period of 288 days, the baton will visit 71 countries covering over 190,000 kilometres.
The baton, which was received by Sri Lankan Olympic Committee officials at the Colombo international airport , was taken to the Independence Square by the former national hurdler Sriyani Kulawansa.
This morning the baton was taken to Kandy by a special train, which stopped at Veyangoda, Polgahawela, Rambukkana and Kandugannawa railyway stations where special receptions were hosted by communities.
From Sri Lanka, the baton will be heading to the Maldives capital, Male.
- UNITED MOTORS, AMANA TAKAFUL, UNION CHEMICALS, FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY - DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 36 OF TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 2014-04-11
- BAIRAHA FARMS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11