A new survey showed US President Barack Obama's popularity has slumped to an all-time low, with a majority of Americans for the first time believing him to be dishonest and untrustworthy.
The respected Quinnipiac University Poll found that Obama's approval rating had nose-dived to the level of unpopularity faced by Republican predecessor George W Bush at the same stage of his presidency.
Overall, the poll said 54 percent disapproved of the job Obama was doing against 39 percent who approved.
It caps a turbulent few weeks for Obama, whose administration has come under heavy fire for the chaotic roll-out of his signature health care legislation, the Affordable Care Act.
- SEYLAN BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-12-22
- SEYLAN BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE (BASIS OF ALLOTMENT) 2014-12-22
- UNITED MOTORS LANKA, TOKYO CEMENT, BOGAWANTALAWA TEA ESTATES - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-12-22
- ARPICO INSURANCE LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING (BASIS OF ALLOTMENT) 2014-12-22
- UNITED MOTORS LANKA, TOKYO CEMENT - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-12-22
- UNITED MOTORS LANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-12-22
- BRAC LANKA FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-12-19
- NATIONS TRUST, SWARNAMAHAL, CARSON CUMBERBATCH - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-12-19
- VALLIBEL FINANCE, SELINSING, INDO MALAY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-12-19
- MANDATORY OFFER BY RICHARD PIERIS FINANCE LIMITED TO ACQUIRE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF CHILAW FINANCE PLC 2014-12-19
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-12-19
- HATTON NATIONAL BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-12-19
- ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-12-19
- NATIONS TRUST BANK, SWARNAMAHAL FINANCIAL SERVICES - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-12-19
- NATIONS TRUST BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-12-19