Sir Paul McCartney urges Putin leniency for Greenpeace
In his letter to the Russian president, he expresses hope that the 28 protesters and 2 journalists could be home before Christmas.
They were arrested during a Greenpeace demonstration against oil drilling in the Russian arctic 8 weeks ago.
The group - which includes six Britons - have been charged with hooliganism.
You may also like :
No one can prevent attending Kandy rally which promotes Mahinda Rajapaksa for Prime Ministerial candidacy - state SLFP provincial and local government representatives
Thursday, 05 March 2015 - 19:45
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- CITY HOUSING & REAL ESTATE CO. - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-03
- Media Release: CSE increases stakeholder engagement through Social Media 2015-03-03
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - RESIGNATION/APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-03
- BROWNS INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-03-03
- A I A INSURANCE LANKA - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-03-03
- Annual Reports 2014 2015-03-03
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL CORPORATION - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL CORPORATION - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN - RESIGNATION OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-04
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:RESIGNATION/APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-04
- HAYLEYS - DEBENTURE ISSUE (BASIS OF ALLOTMENT) 2015-03-04
- DISCLOSURE BY CANDOR EQUITIES LIMITED RE:PURCHASE OF SHARES OF VIDULLANKA PLC BY THEIR CLIENT 2015-03-04
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL, COMMERCIAL BANK, HDFC BANK, DFCC VARDHANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- VIDULLANKA, COMMERCIAL CREDIT - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-03-04
- HOTEL DEVELOPERS (LANKA) - Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-03-04