Sir Paul McCartney urges Putin leniency for Greenpeace
Ex-Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has written to Vladimir Putin, calling for the release of a group of detainees known as the Arctic 30.
In his letter to the Russian president, he expresses hope that the 28 protesters and 2 journalists could be home before Christmas.
They were arrested during a Greenpeace demonstration against oil drilling in the Russian arctic 8 weeks ago.
The group - which includes six Britons - have been charged with hooliganism.
You may also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Monday, 22 September 2014 - 19:25
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- ODEL - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-09-22
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS (UNDER LIQUIDATION) - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-22
- MANDATORY OFFER BY CARGILLS BANK LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF CAPITAL ALLIANCE FINANCE PLC 2014-09-22
- ENTRUST SECURITIES, CARSON CUMBERBATCH - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-09-22
- PCH HOLDINGS - CHANGE OF REGISTERED ADDRESS 2014-09-22
- CARGILLS (CEYLON)-VOLUNTARY OFFER BY CARGILLS (CEYLON) PLC TO ACQUIRE SHARES IN KOTMALE HOLDINGS PLC 2014-09-22
- NAWALOKA HOSPITALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-22
- ENTRUST SECURITIES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-09-22
- PC HOUSE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-19
- Default Board - Transferred Out 2014-09-19
- SWISSTEK (CEYLON) - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-09-19
- LANKA CENTURY, COMMERCIAL BANK, ABANS FINANCE, CEYLON HOSPITALS, ASIA SIYAKA, HAYLEYS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-19
- PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-09-19
- LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS, COMMERCIAL BANK, ABANS FINANCE, CEYLON HOSPITALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-19
- DIALOG AXIATA - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-09-19