Ex-Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has written to Vladimir Putin, calling for the release of a group of detainees known as the Arctic 30.
In his letter to the Russian president, he expresses hope that the 28 protesters and 2 journalists could be home before Christmas.
They were arrested during a Greenpeace demonstration against oil drilling in the Russian arctic 8 weeks ago.
The group - which includes six Britons - have been charged with hooliganism.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Saturday, 19 April 2014 - 12:57
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- UNITED MOTORS, AMANA TAKAFUL, UNION CHEMICALS, FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY - DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 36 OF TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 2014-04-11
- BAIRAHA FARMS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11