Sir Paul McCartney urges Putin leniency for Greenpeace
Ex-Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has written to Vladimir Putin, calling for the release of a group of detainees known as the Arctic 30.
In his letter to the Russian president, he expresses hope that the 28 protesters and 2 journalists could be home before Christmas.
They were arrested during a Greenpeace demonstration against oil drilling in the Russian arctic 8 weeks ago.
The group - which includes six Britons - have been charged with hooliganism.
You may also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 - 7:56
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY - DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL, RAIGAM WAYAMBA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-30
- TRADE FINANCE & INVESTMENTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL WORKS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS - FURTHER DISCLOSURE RE: DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- JOHN KEELLS HOTELS - Interim financial statements 30-06-2014 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE, KELANI CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-28
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-28
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN & DEPUTY CHAIRMAN 2014-07-28