Ex-Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has written to Vladimir Putin, calling for the release of a group of detainees known as the Arctic 30.
In his letter to the Russian president, he expresses hope that the 28 protesters and 2 journalists could be home before Christmas.
They were arrested during a Greenpeace demonstration against oil drilling in the Russian arctic 8 weeks ago.
The group - which includes six Britons - have been charged with hooliganism.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Sunday, 09 March 2014 - 18:21
Hiru News Poll
Is it possible to pack 5,000.00 rupees worth essential consumer items in a 5-rupee Silisili shopping bag?
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA IOC - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-07
- BOGALA GRAPHITE - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-07
- SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-07
- ANNUAL REPORTS 2013 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, BAIRAHA FARMS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06
- LION BREWERY - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-06
- SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-06
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-06
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-03-06
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06