The murder case of 8 army soldiers including the Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer in the Wilpattu National Park will be taken for hearing as a special court case.
The case was taken before Anuradhapura Special High Court Judge Nissanka Bandula Karunarathna today and the Judge decided to treat it as a special case and fixed it to be taken for hearing on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December.
A former LTTE cadre Suriyakantha Jevanendran has been accused of shooting at the jeep in which 8 army personnel including Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer Lieutenant Cornel Jayantha Suraweera and murdering them on the 30th of March in 2007.
The suspect was remanded until December 2nd.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Monday, 21 April 2014 - 13:00
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-21
- E - CHANNELLING - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-21
- UNITED MOTORS, AMANA TAKAFUL, UNION CHEMICALS, FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11