Wilpattu murder case to be heard continuously
The murder case of 8 army soldiers including the Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer in the Wilpattu National Park will be taken for hearing as a special court case.
The case was taken before Anuradhapura Special High Court Judge Nissanka Bandula Karunarathna today and the Judge decided to treat it as a special case and fixed it to be taken for hearing on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December.
A former LTTE cadre Suriyakantha Jevanendran has been accused of shooting at the jeep in which 8 army personnel including Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer Lieutenant Cornel Jayantha Suraweera and murdering them on the 30th of March in 2007.
The suspect was remanded until December 2nd.
You may also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 30 July 2014 - 7:56
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY - DISCLOSURE 2014-07-30
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL, RAIGAM WAYAMBA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-30
- TRADE FINANCE & INVESTMENTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- SWADESHI INDUSTRIAL WORKS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS - FURTHER DISCLOSURE RE: DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- JOHN KEELLS HOTELS - Interim financial statements 30-06-2014 2014-07-30
- LB FINANCE, UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-30
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC, ADAM INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE, KELANI CABLES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-07-28
- INTERIM FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 30-06-2014 2014-07-28
- ON'ALLY HOLDINGS, ORIENT GARMENTS, LANKA CERAMIC - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-07-28
- HAYLEYS FIBRE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-07-28
- COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN & DEPUTY CHAIRMAN 2014-07-28