The murder case of 8 army soldiers including the Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer in the Wilpattu National Park will be taken for hearing as a special court case.
The case was taken before Anuradhapura Special High Court Judge Nissanka Bandula Karunarathna today and the Judge decided to treat it as a special case and fixed it to be taken for hearing on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December.
A former LTTE cadre Suriyakantha Jevanendran has been accused of shooting at the jeep in which 8 army personnel including Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer Lieutenant Cornel Jayantha Suraweera and murdering them on the 30th of March in 2007.
The suspect was remanded until December 2nd.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 12 March 2014 - 20:00
Hiru News Poll
Is it possible to pack 5,000.00 rupees worth essential consumer items in a 5-rupee Silisili shopping bag?
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-12
- CEYLON HOSPITALS - DISCLOSURE RE: A CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-12
- DIPPED PRODUCTS, ORIENT GARMENTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-12
- VALLIBEL FINANCE, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-12
- SENKADAGALA FINANCE - ISSUE OF SHARES BY WAY OF CAPITALIZATION OF RESERVES 2014-03-12
- LANKA VENTURES - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-12
- HAYCARB, DIPPED PRODUCTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-03-12
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-12
- DIPPED PRODUCTS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-12
- SEC DIRECTIVE - TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS PLC 2014-03-12
- COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-11
- SEC DIRECTIVE - TRADING SUSPENSION OF THE SHARES OF TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS PLC 2014-03-11
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-11
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING 2014-03-11
- ALUMEX LIMITED - INITIAL PUBLIC OFFER 2014-03-11