Wilpattu murder case to be heard continuously
The murder case of 8 army soldiers including the Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer in the Wilpattu National Park will be taken for hearing as a special court case.
The case was taken before Anuradhapura Special High Court Judge Nissanka Bandula Karunarathna today and the Judge decided to treat it as a special case and fixed it to be taken for hearing on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December.
A former LTTE cadre Suriyakantha Jevanendran has been accused of shooting at the jeep in which 8 army personnel including Gajaba Regiment Commanding Officer Lieutenant Cornel Jayantha Suraweera and murdering them on the 30th of March in 2007.
The suspect was remanded until December 2nd.
You may also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 20:01
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- TAL LANKA HOTELS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-21
- LANKA ORIX LEASING COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-11-21
- HEMAS POWER - CHANGE OF NAME 2014-11-21
- HATTON NATIONAL BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-11-21
- NAWALOKA HOSPITALS, UNITED MOTORS LANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-21
- KALAMAZOO SYSTEMS - Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-11-24
- ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING - RIGHTS ISSUE (NOTIFICATION ON THE LISTING OF SHARES) 2014-11-24
- KAHAWATTE PLANTATIONS - DEMISE OF THE CHAIRMAN 2014-11-24
- DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-24
- MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA - CHANGE OF THE COMPANY NAME 2014-11-24
- MANDATORY OFFER BY MUTHOOT FINANCE LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC 2014-11-24
- DUNAMIS CAPITAL - RATING REVIEW 2014-11-24
- LAUGFS GAS, LANKA TILES, SWISSTEK (CEYLON), PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION, KOTMALE HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-24
- ALLIANCE FINANCE - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-11-25
- LANKA CEMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-25