Sri Lanka has received 870 million dollars in Foreign Direct Investment during the first nine months of 2013, through 55 projects which have launched commercial operations in the country.
The BOI sources said that this is a 41 percent increase over the corresponding period of the past year.
A majority of the investments have come into the manufacturing sector amounting to 31 percent of the total FDIs received.
China ranks as the single biggest investor bringing in 24 percent of the total investments.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Friday, 18 April 2014 - 19:35
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- UNITED MOTORS, AMANA TAKAFUL, UNION CHEMICALS, FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-17
- DIALOG AXIATA - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-04-16
- UNION CHEMICALS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-16
- RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-04-16
- CSE CIRCULAR: AMENDMENT TO THE CSE LISTING RULES 2014-04-11
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS - APPOINTMENT OF CEO AND DEPUTY CEO 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE - INTRODUCTION OF NON-VOTING NON-CUMULATIVE NON-REDEEMABLE PREFERENCE SHARES 2014-04-11
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-04-11
- AMANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-04-11
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11
- CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY - DISCLOSURE UNDER RULE 36 OF TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 2014-04-11
- BAIRAHA FARMS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-04-11