Sri Lanka has received 870 million dollars in Foreign Direct Investment during the first nine months of 2013, through 55 projects which have launched commercial operations in the country.
The BOI sources said that this is a 41 percent increase over the corresponding period of the past year.
A majority of the investments have come into the manufacturing sector amounting to 31 percent of the total FDIs received.
China ranks as the single biggest investor bringing in 24 percent of the total investments.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Monday, 10 March 2014 - 8:03
Hiru News Poll
Is it possible to pack 5,000.00 rupees worth essential consumer items in a 5-rupee Silisili shopping bag?
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-10
- CARSON CUMBERBATCH - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-10
- DELISTING OF BERUWALA WALK INN PLC 2014-03-10
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-03-10
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-10
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA IOC - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-07
- BOGALA GRAPHITE - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-07
- SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-07
- ANNUAL REPORTS 2013 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, BAIRAHA FARMS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06