Coal smoke kills Lankan in Saudi

Tuesday, 17 December 2013 - 10:39

Coal+smoke+kills+Lankan+in+Saudi
An Indian and a Sri Lankan suffocated to death while asleep after leaving a coal fireplace lit in their room in Saudi Arabia.

Police said colleagues found the two dead in the morning while another Sri Lankan roommate was rushed to hospital in serious condition.

Examination showed the two died of asphyxia after inhaling coal smoke while asleep.


RAIN IN SOME AREAS TOMORROW
Wednesday, 26 February 2020 - 14:34

The Meteorology Department says that rain or thundershowers could be experienced in the Sabaragamuwa Province as well as in the districts of Kalutara,... Read More

AN INDIVIDUAL ARRESTED WITH A STOCK OF FOREIGN CIGARETTES VALUED AT MORE THAN SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND RUPEES
Wednesday, 26 February 2020 - 14:34

The Police Anti-Narcotics Bureau has taken into custody at the Katunayake Airport an individual with a stock of foreign cigarettes valued at more than... Read More

A GROUP OF CONTRACTORS ENGAGE IN A PROTEST REQUESTING THAT MONEY FROM GAMPERALIYA BE GIVEN TO THEM
Wednesday, 26 February 2020 - 13:45

A group of contractors engaged in a protest opposite the Galle District Secretariat office saying that they have not been paid monies due to them for projects... Read More