An Egyptian court has acquitted the two sons of former President Hosni Mubarak, and his last prime minister, Ahmed Shafiq, of charges of embezzlement.
Shafiq, who has been living in the United Arab Emirates since losing the presidential election to Mohammed Morsi in 2012, was tried in absentia.
Gamal and Alaa Mubarak have been involved in a series of trials since their father's fall from power.
You might also like :
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Husband, wife and her mother killed by an act of arson at a house in Katharagama: 3 seriously injured
Monday, 10 March 2014 - 8:02
Hiru News Poll
Is it possible to pack 5,000.00 rupees worth essential consumer items in a 5-rupee Silisili shopping bag?
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- DELISTING OF BERUWALA WALK INN PLC 2014-03-10
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-03-10
- ANNUAL REPORT 2013 2014-03-10
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS, VIDULLANKA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA CEMENT - Interim financial statements 31-12-2013 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- LANKA IOC - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-03-07
- BOGALA GRAPHITE - ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2014-03-07
- BAIRAHA FARMS, ORIENT GARMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-03-07
- SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-07
- ANNUAL REPORTS 2013 2014-03-07
- TOUCHWOOD INVESTMENTS, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, BAIRAHA FARMS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-03-06
- LION BREWERY - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-03-06
- SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-03-06