Hirunews Logo
Video+%3A+Chinese+firm+accepts+responsibility+for+Norochcholei+breakdown
Friday, 31 January 2014 - 19:24
Video : Chinese firm accepts responsibility for Norochcholei breakdown
40

Shares
4,906

Views
The Chinese company which built the Norochcholai coal power plant has agreed to make a full observation of the plant which has currently ceased its operations due to technical faults.

Ministry Secretary M.M.C Ferdinando said that they came to an agreement when a group of top officials of the CIMEC including its Chairman Sheng Chung met Power and Energy Minister Pavitra Wanni Arachchi at the latter’s office this morning.

The Norochcholai power plant was built on a Chinese loan and the operation of its first phase commenced recently but its operation was temporarily halted last week due a fault in one of its condensers.

A group of Indian engineers have already started investigations to identify the fault.

However Ministry Secretary Ferdinando said that the CIMEC authorities agreed during the meeting to repair the plant fully and make it to supply power to the national grid.

Meanwhile a senior official of the Electrical Engineers Association told our news team that the deputy general manager in charge of the Norochcholai plant has gone on an overseas trip at a time the plant operation is disrupted.

His absence has also contributed to the delay of repairing the power plant.   

However the Ministry Secretary said that the Ceylon Electricity Board should be held responsible for maintaining the operation of the plant without breaks-down.


Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
976 Views
492 Views
1,794 Views
39,464 Views
3,180 Views
40,914 Views
Top