UPDATE: Video: Opposition has no proposals for development; President
This was at a meeting held following the opening of the Southern expressway from Pinnaduwa in Galle to Godagama in Matara yesterday.
The President also stated that the government was following a sound foreign policy.
Sunday, 16 March 2014 - 8:00 AM
2nd phase of the Southern Expressway declared open by the President
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway from Galle to Matara was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse today.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway following religious observances at the Pinnaduwa exchange.
Subsequently President Rajapakse travelled from Pinnaduwa to Godagama in Matara in a vehicle driven my parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway spans a distance of 30 kilometers and was built at a cost of 18 billion rupees and comprises of 4 lanes and 3 exchange points.
In addition, a special 4 kilometre roadway has been built from the Pinnaduwa exchange to the Galle harbour.
The speed limit of the Southern Expressway is 100 kilometres per hour and users can reach Kaduwela from Matara in one and a half hours.
Meanwhile, construction of the 3rd phase of the Southern Expressway stretching from Matara to Hambantota is scheduled to begin next June.
UPDATE: Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 06:55 PM
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway declared open by the president
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse a short while ago.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the road open following religious observances.
President Rajapakse was driven from Pinnaduwa to Godagama by Parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
You may also like :
The National Medicine Regulatory Authority Bill passed in parliament;Only Front line MP Ajith Kumara votes againstRead More...
- Midwives satyagraha on roof continues
- “None can stop MR’s PM candidacy” – Prasanna Ranathunga
- No one can prevent attending Kandy rally which promotes Mahinda Rajapaksa for Prime Ministerial candidacy - state SLFP provincial and local government representatives
- Construction at Kankasanturai is not for a President's House, but for an International Coordination Centre - says Former President Mahinda in a statement
Former President Mahinda Says real SLFP remains with him; A statement regarding his participation in Kandy Rally
Friday, 06 March 2015 - 13:10
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- CITY HOUSING & REAL ESTATE CO. - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-03
- Media Release: CSE increases stakeholder engagement through Social Media 2015-03-03
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - RESIGNATION/APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-03
- BROWNS INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-03-03
- A I A INSURANCE LANKA - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-03-03
- Annual Reports 2014 2015-03-03
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL CORPORATION - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL CORPORATION - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN AND CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN - RESIGNATION OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-04
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:RESIGNATION/APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER 2015-03-04
- HAYLEYS - DEBENTURE ISSUE (BASIS OF ALLOTMENT) 2015-03-04
- DISCLOSURE BY CANDOR EQUITIES LIMITED RE:PURCHASE OF SHARES OF VIDULLANKA PLC BY THEIR CLIENT 2015-03-04
- THE LANKA HOSPITAL, COMMERCIAL BANK, HDFC BANK, DFCC VARDHANA BANK - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-03-04
- VIDULLANKA, COMMERCIAL CREDIT - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-03-04
- HOTEL DEVELOPERS (LANKA) - Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-03-04