UPDATE: Video: Opposition has no proposals for development; President
President Mahinda Rajapaksa says that since the Opposition has no proposals for development, they are criticizing the current development programmes.
This was at a meeting held following the opening of the Southern expressway from Pinnaduwa in Galle to Godagama in Matara yesterday.
The President also stated that the government was following a sound foreign policy.
Sunday, 16 March 2014 - 8:00 AM
2nd phase of the Southern Expressway declared open by the President
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway from Galle to Matara was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse today.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway following religious observances at the Pinnaduwa exchange.
Subsequently President Rajapakse travelled from Pinnaduwa to Godagama in Matara in a vehicle driven my parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway spans a distance of 30 kilometers and was built at a cost of 18 billion rupees and comprises of 4 lanes and 3 exchange points.
In addition, a special 4 kilometre roadway has been built from the Pinnaduwa exchange to the Galle harbour.
The speed limit of the Southern Expressway is 100 kilometres per hour and users can reach Kaduwela from Matara in one and a half hours.
Meanwhile, construction of the 3rd phase of the Southern Expressway stretching from Matara to Hambantota is scheduled to begin next June.
UPDATE: Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 06:55 PM
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway declared open by the president
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse a short while ago.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the road open following religious observances.
President Rajapakse was driven from Pinnaduwa to Godagama by Parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
You may also like :
Colombo District MP R. Dumindha Silva offered a financial donation to veteran Artiste Samanthi Lanarol.-VideoRead More...
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 22 October 2014 - 14:08
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- SAMSON INTERNATIONAL - CAPITALIZATION OF RESERVES 2014-10-16
- BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-10-16
- DISCLOSURE BY TAPROBANE SECURITIES (PRIVATE) LIMITED RE: PURCHASE OF SHARES OF SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL PLC BY THEIR CLIENT 2014-10-16
- DISCLOSURE RE: VOLUNTARY OFFER BY CARGILLS (CEYLON) PLC TO ACQUIRE SHARES IN KOTMALE HOLDINGS PLC 2014-10-16
- BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-10-16
- CHILAW FINANCE, RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-16
- FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS - Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-10-17
- CHILAW FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-17
- DISCLOSURE RE: VOLUNTARY OFFER BY CARGILLS (CEYLON) PLC TO ACQUIRE SHARES IN KOTMALE HOLDINGS PLC 2014-10-17
- DISCLOSURE RE: PURCHASE OF SHARES BY HAYLEYS PLC IN ALUFAB PLC 2014-10-17
- RENUKA SHAW WALLACE - CHANGE OF NAME 2014-10-17
- ACME PRINTING, VIDULLANKA, THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, J.L. MORISON, UNITED MOTORS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-17
- SANASA DEVELOPMENT BANK - Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-10-17
- ALUFAB - Annual Report 2013/2014 2014-10-17
- BANSEI ROYAL RESORTS HIKKADUWA - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-20