UPDATE: Video: Opposition has no proposals for development; President
President Mahinda Rajapaksa says that since the Opposition has no proposals for development, they are criticizing the current development programmes.
This was at a meeting held following the opening of the Southern expressway from Pinnaduwa in Galle to Godagama in Matara yesterday.
The President also stated that the government was following a sound foreign policy.
Sunday, 16 March 2014 - 8:00 AM
2nd phase of the Southern Expressway declared open by the President
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway from Galle to Matara was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse today.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway following religious observances at the Pinnaduwa exchange.
Subsequently President Rajapakse travelled from Pinnaduwa to Godagama in Matara in a vehicle driven my parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
The 2nd phase of the Southern Expressway spans a distance of 30 kilometers and was built at a cost of 18 billion rupees and comprises of 4 lanes and 3 exchange points.
In addition, a special 4 kilometre roadway has been built from the Pinnaduwa exchange to the Galle harbour.
The speed limit of the Southern Expressway is 100 kilometres per hour and users can reach Kaduwela from Matara in one and a half hours.
Meanwhile, construction of the 3rd phase of the Southern Expressway stretching from Matara to Hambantota is scheduled to begin next June.
UPDATE: Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 06:55 PM
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway declared open by the president
The Galle to Matara section of the Southern Expressway was declared open by President Mahinda Rajapakse a short while ago.
The Presidential Media Unit stated that the President declared the road open following religious observances.
President Rajapakse was driven from Pinnaduwa to Godagama by Parliamentarian Namal Rajapakse.
You may also like :
Lalith Dissanayake and Sarath Kumara Gunarathne assumed duties as acting ministers of Health and FisheriesRead More...
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Monday, 24 November 2014 - 19:29
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY - DEMISE OF THE CHAIRMAN 2014-11-20
- KEELLS FOOD PRODUCTS, CEYLON COLD STORES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-11-20
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - RATING REVIEW 2014-11-20
- ADAM INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-20
- DISCLOSURE RE: PURCHASE OF SHARES BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC IN ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-11-20
- ORIENT GARMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-20
- MANDATORY OFFER BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-11-20
- Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-11-20
- STANDARD CAPITAL - Annual Report 2013/2014 2014-11-20
- ALUMEX, PAN ASIA BANK, ASIA SIYAKA, ADAM INVESTMENTS, SWISSTEK (CEYLON), ACCESS ENGINEERING - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-20
- GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS - EGM RESOLUTIONS / CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-20
- PEGASUS HOTELS OF CEYLON - EGM RESOLUTIONS / CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-20
- ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-20
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - PRESS RELEASE 2014-11-19
- CAPITAL ALLIANCE FINANCE - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE: CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-19