Update : Bodhu Bala Sena challenges 5 ministers; Minister Hakeem meets chief prelates
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today Gnanasara Thera said that those foreign leaders who met Prabhakaran during the war should be treated as terrorists.
The Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium labeled the Bodu Bala Sena as a terrorist movement charging that it is creating terror among opposition factions.
Expressing further views during the media briefing, Gnanasara Thera challenged a group of government ministers including Minister Rauff Hakeem.
Meanwhile Police Headquarters stated this afternoon that another written complaint was lodged today against Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera at the Slave Island police.
In his complaint, a Slave Island resident Nurdeen Mohammad Thajudeen stated that Gnanasara Thera’s statement made to the media while leaving the police station last Sunday was sacrilegious to the Holy Quran.
Meanwhile Justice Minister Rauff Hakeem met the Chief Prelates of the Three Maha Nikayas in Kandy this morning.
Update :Wednesday, 16 April 2014 - 7:19
BBS accuses several Ministers
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization states that information provided by several affluent politicians has also contributed to the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium naming it a terrorist organization.
The secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero made this statement while speaking during a press conference held in Colombo today.
The US based Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium named the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization a terrorist organization claiming that it seeks to terrorize its opponents.
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization had convened a press conference today to express its views in this regard.
Speaking during the press conference the secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero challenged 5 affluent minister of the government to a debate.
You may also like :
Intention is not to bring victory to an individual or party; Victory is for the people - PM says in BadullaRead More...
Saturday, 28 February 2015 - 17:07
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-27
- MIRAMAR BEACH HOTEL - Audited Financial Statements 2015-02-27
- UNION BANK OF COLOMBO & HNB ASSURANCE - Annual Reports 2014 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS, MERCANTILE INVESTMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2015-02-27
- RENUKA FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS, LANKA WALLTILES, BAIRAHA FARMS, INDO MALAY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS - 2015 WARRANT CONVERSION 2015-02-27
- JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX, CEYLON HOTELS CORPORATION - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-27
- SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2015-02-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-02-26
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-02-20