Update : Bodhu Bala Sena challenges 5 ministers; Minister Hakeem meets chief prelates
Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera says that the decision of the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium or TRAC to label his organization as a terrorist entity is a blow to Buddhists.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today Gnanasara Thera said that those foreign leaders who met Prabhakaran during the war should be treated as terrorists.
The Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium labeled the Bodu Bala Sena as a terrorist movement charging that it is creating terror among opposition factions.
Expressing further views during the media briefing, Gnanasara Thera challenged a group of government ministers including Minister Rauff Hakeem.
Meanwhile Police Headquarters stated this afternoon that another written complaint was lodged today against Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera at the Slave Island police.
In his complaint, a Slave Island resident Nurdeen Mohammad Thajudeen stated that Gnanasara Thera’s statement made to the media while leaving the police station last Sunday was sacrilegious to the Holy Quran.
Meanwhile Justice Minister Rauff Hakeem met the Chief Prelates of the Three Maha Nikayas in Kandy this morning.
Update :Wednesday, 16 April 2014 - 7:19
BBS accuses several Ministers
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization states that information provided by several affluent politicians has also contributed to the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium naming it a terrorist organization.
The secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero made this statement while speaking during a press conference held in Colombo today.
The US based Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium named the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization a terrorist organization claiming that it seeks to terrorize its opponents.
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization had convened a press conference today to express its views in this regard.
Speaking during the press conference the secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero challenged 5 affluent minister of the government to a debate.
You may also like :
Watch Video >>>
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Thursday, 21 August 2014 - 19:05
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, RENUKA CITY HOTEL - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-08-21
- INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-08-21
- ANNOUNCEMENT MADE BY MR G RAMANAN RE. MANDATORY OFFER TO ALL THE REMAINING SHAREHOLDERS OF INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS 2014-08-21
- BAIRAHA FARMS - Interim financial statements 30-06-2014 2014-08-21
- Annual Reports 2013/2014 2014-08-21
- Default Board - Transferred Out 2014-08-21
- MARAWILA RESORTS, BERUWALA RESORTS, PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE, BROWNS INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-08-21
- CLOSURE OF THE MANDATORY OFFER MADE BY ADAM INVESTMENTS LTD TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF PC PHARMA PLC 2014-08-21
- MARAWILA RESORTS, BERUWALA RESORTS, PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-08-21
- MARAWILA RESORTS, BERUWALA RESORTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-08-21
- DISCLOSURE BY CAPITAL TRUST SECURITIES PVT LTD RE: PURCHASE OF SHARES IN INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC BY THEIR CLIENT 2014-08-21
- Media Release: Colombo Stock Exchange Main Index ASPI crosses 7000 mark 2014-08-21
- F L C Holdings - Related Party Transactions 2014-08-21
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2014-08-21
- EMPLOYEE SHARE OPTION SCHEME 2014-08-21