Update : Bodhu Bala Sena challenges 5 ministers; Minister Hakeem meets chief prelates
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today Gnanasara Thera said that those foreign leaders who met Prabhakaran during the war should be treated as terrorists.
The Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium labeled the Bodu Bala Sena as a terrorist movement charging that it is creating terror among opposition factions.
Expressing further views during the media briefing, Gnanasara Thera challenged a group of government ministers including Minister Rauff Hakeem.
Meanwhile Police Headquarters stated this afternoon that another written complaint was lodged today against Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera at the Slave Island police.
In his complaint, a Slave Island resident Nurdeen Mohammad Thajudeen stated that Gnanasara Thera’s statement made to the media while leaving the police station last Sunday was sacrilegious to the Holy Quran.
Meanwhile Justice Minister Rauff Hakeem met the Chief Prelates of the Three Maha Nikayas in Kandy this morning.
Update :Wednesday, 16 April 2014 - 7:19
BBS accuses several Ministers
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization states that information provided by several affluent politicians has also contributed to the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium naming it a terrorist organization.
The secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero made this statement while speaking during a press conference held in Colombo today.
The US based Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium named the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization a terrorist organization claiming that it seeks to terrorize its opponents.
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization had convened a press conference today to express its views in this regard.
Speaking during the press conference the secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero challenged 5 affluent minister of the government to a debate.
You may also like :
Sunday, 01 February 2015 - 19:58
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- SRI LANKA TELECOM - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-26
- DE-LISTING OF NDB CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC 2015-01-26
- PRADESHIYA SANWARDANA BANK - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2015-01-26
- ASIAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-01-26
- BANK OF CEYLON - RESIGNATION OF CHAIRMAN & CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-26
- MIRAMAR BEACH HOTEL - IMPOSING A TRADE SUSPENSION UNDER THE DIRECTIVE ISSUED UNDER SECTION 13(C) OF THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OF SRI LANKA 2015-01-26
- LAUGFS GAS, UNITED MOTORS, PEOPLE'S LEASING, ASIA ASSET FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-01-26
- Interim Financial Statements 31-12-2014 2015-01-26
- CITRUS LEISURE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2015-01-26
- AMANA TAKAFUL - RIGHTS ISSUE (NOTIFICATION ON THE LISTING OF SHARES) 2015-01-27
- DISTILLERIES COMPANY, BLUE DIAMONDS - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2015-01-27
- MERCHANT BANK - RESIGNATION OF CHAIRMAN 2015-01-27
- DISCLOSURE RE: MANDATORY OFFER BY ACL CABLES PLC, NDB CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC AND TRYDAN PARTNERS (PRIVATE) LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ISSUED AND PAID UP ORDINARY SHARES OF RESUS ENERGY PLC 2015-01-27
- FIRST CAPITAL TREASURIES LIMITED - DEBENTURE ISSUE (OVERSUBSCRIBED) 2015-01-27
- VIDULLANKA, ALUMEX, SELINSING - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2015-01-27