Update : Bodhu Bala Sena challenges 5 ministers; Minister Hakeem meets chief prelates
Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera says that the decision of the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium or TRAC to label his organization as a terrorist entity is a blow to Buddhists.
Addressing a media briefing held in Colombo today Gnanasara Thera said that those foreign leaders who met Prabhakaran during the war should be treated as terrorists.
The Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium labeled the Bodu Bala Sena as a terrorist movement charging that it is creating terror among opposition factions.
Expressing further views during the media briefing, Gnanasara Thera challenged a group of government ministers including Minister Rauff Hakeem.
Meanwhile Police Headquarters stated this afternoon that another written complaint was lodged today against Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera at the Slave Island police.
In his complaint, a Slave Island resident Nurdeen Mohammad Thajudeen stated that Gnanasara Thera’s statement made to the media while leaving the police station last Sunday was sacrilegious to the Holy Quran.
Meanwhile Justice Minister Rauff Hakeem met the Chief Prelates of the Three Maha Nikayas in Kandy this morning.
Update :Wednesday, 16 April 2014 - 7:19
BBS accuses several Ministers
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization states that information provided by several affluent politicians has also contributed to the Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium naming it a terrorist organization.
The secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero made this statement while speaking during a press conference held in Colombo today.
The US based Terrorism Research and Analysis Consortium named the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization a terrorist organization claiming that it seeks to terrorize its opponents.
The Bodhu Bala Sena Organization had convened a press conference today to express its views in this regard.
Speaking during the press conference the secretary of the Bodhu Bala Sena Organization venerable Galagodaththe Gnanasara thero challenged 5 affluent minister of the government to a debate.
You may also like :
Becoming a strength to the country, the 6th phase of Divi Neguma program commence in Kolonnawa under the patronage of MP R. Duminda Silva.-VideoRead More...
Watch Video >>>
Watch Video >>>
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Monday, 20 October 2014 - 19:23
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- MANDATORY OFFER TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ISSUED ORDINARY SHARES OF ODEL PLC BY SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC AND SOFLOGIC RETAIL (PRIVATE) LIMITED 2014-10-14
- CHILAW FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-14
- LANKA TILES - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-14
- MANDATORY OFFER BY MR.G.RAMANAN TO ACQUIRE THE BALANCE ISSUED AND FULLY PAID VOTING SHARES OF INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC 2014-10-13
- RENUKA HOLDINGS - RIGHTS ISSUE 2014-10-13
- MANDATORY OFFER BY COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF TRADE FINANCE AND INVESTMENTS PLC 2014-10-13
- ACQUISITION OF SHARES OF CHILAW FINANCE PLC BY RICHARD PIERIS FINANCE LIMITED 2014-10-13
- DFCC VARDHANA BANK - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE:CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-10-13
- MERCANTILE INVESTMENTS AND FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-10-13
- THE LIGHTHOUSE, LANKA CENTURY, ROYAL CERAMICS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL, VALLIBEL FINANCE, DIALOG AXIATA - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-13
- DFCC BANK - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-13
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS, ROYAL CERAMICS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-13
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS, ROYAL CERAMICS, SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL, VALLIBEL FINANCE - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-13
- BIMPUTH FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-13
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, LANKA CENTURY INVESTMENTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-13