Hirunews Logo
Vietnamese+Officials+Intolerant+of+Violence+as+Standoff+With+China+Continues
Sunday, 18 May 2014 - 8:39
Vietnamese Officials Intolerant of Violence as Standoff With China Continues
37

Shares
4,545

Views
Vietnamese officials signaled that further violence over a dispute with China would not be tolerated, declaring that more than 300 people involved in last week’s attacks on foreign-owned businesses would be prosecuted.

General Hoang Cong Tu, head of investigations at the ministry of public security said they have seriously undermined the country’s image, and such action has to be punished.

In the first official accounting of the damage, he told reporters here in the capital that two Chinese workers had died and 140 were injured.

China has evacuated more than 3,000 Chinese nationals from Vietnam.
Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
Heavy snow across the globe
Friday, 13 January 2017 - 9:29
Many countries are experiencing heavy snow, foreign media states. The temperature in England, Scotland, North Ireland and Wales has hit minus 10 degrees... Read More
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
737 Views
1,158 Views
2,284 Views
1,820 Views
10,296 Views
44,669 Views
Top