President emphasises at G 77 summit the risk developing countries face
President Mahinda Rajapaksa said at the G 77 Summit that the economic and technological monopoly that a few world nations possess has put the developing countries into a political and economic risk.
President Mahinda Rajapakse addressing the 50th Anniversary Commemoration Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Group of 77+China in Santa Cruz ,Bolivia stated that Since the birth of the Group, much has been gained.
President Rajapaksa said A re-vitalized G77 will no doubt provide the necessary fillip to reach our common goal of a more equitable and just international order.
The President said some parts of the New International Economic Order have been realized others have not.
The G77’s original founding vision of unity, solidarity and development, remains relevant.
It is in this context that Sri Lanka has been closely associated with the work of the G77, and is currently the Chair of the Group’s Vienna Chapter.
You may also like :
Watch Video >>>
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Friday, 22 August 2014 - 19:20
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- Default Board - Transferred Out 2014-08-22
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-08-22
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS, VALLIBEL ONE, BUKIT DARAH - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-08-22
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS, VALLIBEL ONE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-08-22
- BARTLEET FINANCE - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-08-22
- SOFTLOGIC FINANCE - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-08-22
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-08-22
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN AND CHANGE OF MANAGING DIRECTOR 2014-08-22
- RENUKA AGRI FOODS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT 2014-08-22
- DISCLOSURE RE: MANDATORY OFFER BY CARGILLS BANK LIMITED TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF CAPITAL ALLIANCE FINANCE PLC 2014-08-22
- ASIA SIYAKA COMMODITIES - Annual Report 2013/2014 2014-08-22
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, RENUKA CITY HOTEL - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-08-21
- INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-08-21
- ANNOUNCEMENT MADE BY MR G RAMANAN RE. MANDATORY OFFER TO ALL THE REMAINING SHAREHOLDERS OF INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS 2014-08-21
- BAIRAHA FARMS - Interim financial statements 30-06-2014 2014-08-21