President emphasises at G 77 summit the risk developing countries face
President Mahinda Rajapaksa said at the G 77 Summit that the economic and technological monopoly that a few world nations possess has put the developing countries into a political and economic risk.
President Mahinda Rajapakse addressing the 50th Anniversary Commemoration Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Group of 77+China in Santa Cruz ,Bolivia stated that Since the birth of the Group, much has been gained.
President Rajapaksa said A re-vitalized G77 will no doubt provide the necessary fillip to reach our common goal of a more equitable and just international order.
The President said some parts of the New International Economic Order have been realized others have not.
The G77’s original founding vision of unity, solidarity and development, remains relevant.
It is in this context that Sri Lanka has been closely associated with the work of the G77, and is currently the Chair of the Group’s Vienna Chapter.
You may also like :
Colombo District Parliamentarian R. Duminda Silva provided lunch to 1800 children, in line with the World Children's Day.-VideoRead More...
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends' Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Wednesday, 01 October 2014 - 19:27
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL, MACKWOODS ENERGY - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-01
- BANK OF CEYLON - DEBENTURE ISSUE 2014-10-01
- CHILAW FINANCE - CHANGE IN DIRECTORATE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - MANDATORY OFFER BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-10-01
- ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - NOTIFICATION OF ACQUISITION OF SHARES IN TERMS OF RULE 36 OF THE TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS CODE 1995 (AS AMENDED) OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-10-01
- DISCLOSURE RE: VOLUNTARY OFFER BY CARGILLS (CEYLON) PLC TO ACQUIRE SHARES IN KOTMALE HOLDINGS PLC 2014-10-01
- THE LIGHTHOUSE HOTEL - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-10-01
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMAN 2014-10-01
- NATION LANKA FINANCE - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-10-01
- NAMAL ACUITY VALUE FUND - NET ASSET VALUE 2014-10-01
- HAYLEYS MGT KNITTING MILLS - RELATED PARTY TRANSACTION 2014-09-30
- VIDULLANKA, HAYLEYS, ASIA SIYAKA COMMODITIES, PAN ASIA BANK, HAYLEYS MGT - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-09-30
- HAYLEYS MGT KNITTING MILLS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-09-30