President emphasises at G 77 summit the risk developing countries face
President Mahinda Rajapaksa said at the G 77 Summit that the economic and technological monopoly that a few world nations possess has put the developing countries into a political and economic risk.
President Mahinda Rajapakse addressing the 50th Anniversary Commemoration Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Group of 77+China in Santa Cruz ,Bolivia stated that Since the birth of the Group, much has been gained.
President Rajapaksa said A re-vitalized G77 will no doubt provide the necessary fillip to reach our common goal of a more equitable and just international order.
The President said some parts of the New International Economic Order have been realized others have not.
The G77’s original founding vision of unity, solidarity and development, remains relevant.
It is in this context that Sri Lanka has been closely associated with the work of the G77, and is currently the Chair of the Group’s Vienna Chapter.
You may also like :
We would welcome back the ones who left us - says Minister Basil Rajapaksa opening the Presidential Election Operations Office in KollonnawaRead More...
Watch Video >>>
Share this article with a friend
Provide your friends Email address (Upto Five multiple email addresses can be separated with a comma and should not contain any in between spaces.)
Saturday, 22 November 2014 - 19:31
Colombo Stock Exchange News
- TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY - DEMISE OF THE CHAIRMAN 2014-11-20
- KEELLS FOOD PRODUCTS, CEYLON COLD STORES - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENTS 2014-11-20
- VALLIBEL FINANCE - RATING REVIEW 2014-11-20
- ADAM INVESTMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-20
- DISCLOSURE RE: PURCHASE OF SHARES BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC IN ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-11-20
- ORIENT GARMENTS - CORPORATE DISCLOSURE 2014-11-20
- MANDATORY OFFER BY ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC TO PURCHASE ALL THE REMAINING ORDINARY SHARES OF ARPICO FINANCE COMPANY PLC 2014-11-20
- Interim Financial Statements 30-09-2014 2014-11-20
- STANDARD CAPITAL - Annual Report 2013/2014 2014-11-20
- ALUMEX, PAN ASIA BANK, ASIA SIYAKA, ADAM INVESTMENTS, SWISSTEK (CEYLON), ACCESS ENGINEERING - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-20
- GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS - EGM RESOLUTIONS / CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-20
- PEGASUS HOTELS OF CEYLON - EGM RESOLUTIONS / CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-20
- ALUMEX - DEALINGS BY DIRECTORS 2014-11-20
- CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY - PRESS RELEASE 2014-11-19
- CAPITAL ALLIANCE FINANCE - FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT RE: CHANGE OF DIRECTORATE 2014-11-19