Toxic smoke wraps Badulla city due to fire at a garbage dump

Monday, 10 October 2016 - 11:33

Toxic+smoke+wraps+Badulla+city+due+to+fire+at+a+garbage+dump

Badulla Municipal Council Commissioner W. Randeni stated that the area is being threatened with exposure to methane gas, following a fire that broke out at the Municipal Council’s garbage dump.

The Commissioner informed the public to take precautionary measures as residents may experience difficulty in breathing.

The Municipal Council’s garbage dump located behind the Vincent Dias Stadium caught fire last night.

 Our correspondent stated that the Badulla is blanketed with a haze due to the fire.