Toxic gas kills one at Nuwara Eliya; Two hospitalized

Sunday, 15 January 2017 - 18:58

Toxic+gas+kills+one+at+Nuwara+Eliya%3B+Two+hospitalized
A person has died and two others have been hospitalized after inhaling a toxic gas inside a hotel at Hawa Eliya area in Nuwara Eliya.

Police stated that the victims are residents of Nittambuwa who were on a vacation in Nuwara Eliya.

The deceased who is reported to be the group’s driver is 39 years old while the other two are 33 and 35 years old.

A spokesman at Nuwara Eliya hospital stated that their condition is not critical.

The victims have brought a barbecue grill inside their room due to the prevailing cold weather conditions.

The persons were found unconscious in their room the following day morning and have been admitted to the hospital for treatment.  

 


Dialog Axiata introduces Multi-Biometric Features on the MyDialog App to further enhance Consumer Data Protection
Wednesday, 15 July 2020 - 16:47

Sri Lanka’s premier connectivity provider, Dialog Axiata PLC. recently introduced a novel addition to the MyDialog App in the form of a state-of-the-art... Read More

22 millionaires for Hiru’s 22 – visit to 10th millionaire’s home (video/pictures)
Wednesday, 15 July 2020 - 16:29

To coincide with its 22nd anniversary, Hiru is now offering the largest cash prize in television history.Every day, a loyal viewer has the opportunity... Read More

177 Sri Lankans return from Maldives
Wednesday, 15 July 2020 - 16:22

A SriLankan Airlines flight has brought back 177 Sri Lankans from the Maldives where they had been stranded due to the Covid-19 pandemic.It arrived at... Read More