17-year-old schoolgirl electrocuted in tragic accident

Thursday, 13 June 2024 - 6:22

17-year-old+schoolgirl+electrocuted+in+tragic+accident+
Colombo, June 12, 2024 - A 17-year-old student from Mahamaya Balika Vidyalaya in Nugegoda has tragically died after being electrocuted while attempting to plug in an electric sewing machine at her home.

The incident occurred as the girl tried to use a malfunctioning sewing machine while her grandmother, who was unwell, rested in another room. In an attempt to connect the plug attached to the sewing machine’s motor to a wall socket, she was unsuccessful. She then attempted to modify the plug by cutting it and inserting the wires directly into the socket, which resulted in her electrocution.

Her screams alerted a neighbor, who rushed to her aid and took her to the Piliyandala District Hospital, where she was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The Piliyandala Police reported that the girl had recently suffered significant personal losses, including the death of her father last year while he was employed at a hotel in Malaysia. Her mother had recently left for employment in Saudi Arabia, leaving the girl under the care of her grandmother. The community mourns the tragic loss of this young life and the circumstances that led to such a devastating accident.








Share
Share to Facebook Share to Facebook Share to Facebook Share to Facebook Share to Facebook Share to Facebook

Follow US

facebook 32ins twitter 32ins


Most Viewed Stories