Child injured in Chilaw hospital fire still unconscious.

Thursday, 06 June 2013 - 19:04

Child+injured+in+Chilaw+hospital+fire+still+unconscious.

The child who was injured due to a fire caused at an operating theatre of the Chilaw hospital due to a gas line explosion in an anesthesia machine has been subjected to a C.T. scan at the Colombo National Hospital.

 

Subsequently the child had been sent over to the Chilaw hospital.

 

However the child who is unable to breath has been linked to a respirator.

 

According to the Director of the Chilaw Hospital Dr. Dinusha Jayasinghe the victim a 12 year old resident of Mailakkulama- Chilaw sustained injuries during the fire alongside 5 hospital employees who are being treated for respiratory ailments.



43 more persons confirmed for Covid -19: SL Country total increases to 2,511
Sunday, 12 July 2020 - 6:30

43 more persons have tested positive for Covid-19 (new coronavirus) infection. 13 are from the Kandakadu rehabilitation centre and 30 who had close contacts. The... Read More

Actor Amitabh Bachchan infected with Covid-19 virus
Saturday, 11 July 2020 - 23:17

Amitabh Bachchan the 77-year-old actor was admitted to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai after he tested positive for Covid-19. Amitabh tweeted saying; "I... Read More

Four (04) more persons confirmed for Covid -19: SL Country total increases to 2,468
Saturday, 11 July 2020 - 23:07

Four (04) more persons from Rajanganaya have tested positive for Covid-19 (new coronavirus) infection.The country total has increased to 2,468 according... Read More