4 year old child who consumed kerosene dies.

Monday, 21 October 2013 - 19:11





A 4-year old child of Ja-watta in Kalutara misidentified kerosene and died from consuming the oil.


The child was rushed to the Nagoda hospital yesterday but passed away this morning.


Kalutara, Thotamuna coroner S.A. Komasaru stated that the cause of death was kerosene in the child’s lungs.

87 more persons confirmed for Covid -19: SL Country total increases to 2,437
Friday, 10 July 2020 - 17:45

Today, 87 more persons have tested positive for Covid-19 (new coronavirus) infection. Therefore, 283 patients have tested positive or Covid- 19 so far,... Read More

Two associates of imprisoned underworld figure 'Podi Lassie' arrested
Friday, 10 July 2020 - 17:01

Two associates of imprisoned underworld figure 'Podi Lassie' arrested from Meetiyagoda, with 02 firearms Read More

Red notice issued by Meteorology department
Friday, 10 July 2020 - 16:35

Thundershowers accompanied by severe lightning are likely to occur at several places in Eastern, North- central, Central, Uva, North-western... Read More