Die-hard Kohli fan self-immolates

Wednesday, 10 January 2018 - 15:55

Die-hard+Kohli+fan+self-immolates
An elderly man, who set himself ablaze after Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli got out cheaply during the first Test match between India and South Africa, died during treatment at a Ratlam hospital yesterday (Jan. 09).
 
Babulal Bairva, 63, a retired officer from railway diesel shed, was watching the cricket match at his home in Ambedkar Nagar on 5th of January when Kohli got out for five runs.
 
A die-hard cricket fan, infuriated by the bad performance of the Indian team, had poured kerosene and set himself ablaze.
 
Bairva sustained critical burn injuries on his torso and face and was rushed to the district hospital.
 
He told the investigating officer that he got frustrated after Kohli got out and took the dire step," Sarvan said.
 
After battling for life for five days, he had succumbed to his injuries.
 
(Times of India)


Tim Ambrose to retire from professional cricket
Friday, 03 July 2020 - 23:37

Former England wicketkeeper Tim Ambrose has decided to retire from professional cricket after this year.The 37-year-old, who has represented England since... Read More

English county cricket to start on 01 August
Tuesday, 30 June 2020 - 8:46

The England and Wales Cricket Board has confirmed that the 2020 county season will begin on 01 August, Final approval for the formats to be played by men's... Read More

England strengthen against West Indies
Monday, 29 June 2020 - 20:34

The England Cricket Board has announced that it will field a strong team against the West Indies. The West Indies have come to England for a Test tour... Read More