Among them were six Judges that were appointed to the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka. The list of the newly appointed Judges are as below.
1. Justice A. H. M. Dilip Nawaz
2. Justice Kumudini Wickremasinghe
3. Justice Anthony Lalith Shiran Gooneratne
4. Justice Janak de Silva
5. Justice Arachchige Achala Uthpalavarna Wengappuli
6. Justice Mahinda Abeysinghe Samayawardhena
For the Court of Appeal of Sri Lanka, Justice Arjuna Obeysekara was sworn in as the President of the Court of Appeal, while another 14 Judges also took the oath before the President.
1. Ms Menaka Wijesundera
2. Mr D. N. Samarakoon
3. Mr M Prasantha de Silva
4. Mr M. T. M. Laffar
5. Mr C. Pradeep Keerthisinghe
6. Mr Sampath B Abayakoon
7. Mr M. S. K. B. Wijeratne
8. Mr S. U. B. Karalliyadde
9. Mr R. Gurusinghe
10. Mr G. A. D. Ganepola
11. Mrs K. K. A. V. Swarnadhipathi
12. Mr Mayadunne Corea
13. Mr Prabaharan Kumararatnam
14. Mr W. N. N. P. Iddawala
The full statement issued by the Presidential Media Division can be accessed here.