Fire destroys furniture store in Vavuniya

Monday, 24 June 2024 - 20:44

An accidental fire broke out in a furniture store this evening (24) in the Marakkarampalai area of Vavuniya, resulting in the complete destruction of all furniture products.

Police reports indicate that the fire likely started when the store owner attempted to burn some old products nearby, with prevailing winds causing the flames to spread to the store.

The Vavuniya Municipal Fire Fighting Unit, aided by the army and local residents, managed to bring the fire under control after more than three hours of efforts. Fortunately, no injuries were reported, but the entire stock of furniture in the store was lost.

SriLankan Airlines restores Booking services after Global Outage
Friday, 19 July 2024 - 17:37

SriLankan Airlines has announced that its internet booking services have been fully restored as of 08:30 GMT (02:00 pm local time), following a global... Read More

It is our mistake - Crowdstrike admit global IT issues caused by 'defect' in 'content update'
Friday, 19 July 2024 - 15:57

CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz says a global tech outage affecting various businesses was caused by a "defect" in a "single content update" for Windows hosts."This... Read More

Microsoft says it restored services but ‘blue screen of death’ persists for many
Friday, 19 July 2024 - 15:13

Microsoft’s cloud services have been restored after an outage, the company said on Friday, but many users are still reporting issues.It comes... Read More