The Colombo Fort Magistrate's court today permitted former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa to travel abroad from January 20 to January 31.
The Court was informed by CID today that the Attorney General has given his consent for this purpose.
The Court had earlier issued an order preventing former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, MP Namal Rajapaksa and 15 others from leaving the country regarding the mob attack that took place at Temple Trees and Galle Face on May 9.
The Court was informed by CID today that the Attorney General has given his consent for this purpose.
The Court had earlier issued an order preventing former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, MP Namal Rajapaksa and 15 others from leaving the country regarding the mob attack that took place at Temple Trees and Galle Face on May 9.
Latest News
Israel drops backing for FIFA president Infantino
Local
19 August 2026
Sri Lanka secures $200m ADB loan for rebuilding
Local
19 August 2026
Trump says no talks planned with Iran, Tehran says Strait of Hormuz still shut
Local
19 August 2026
Meta hooked children on Facebook and Instagram, US court hears
Local
19 August 2026
Rodri ready for 'excitement again' after Barca complete £65m deal
Local
19 August 2026
Olivia Colman Joins ‘Only Murders in the Building’ Season 6
Local
19 August 2026
US condemns 'unnecessary escalation' after Israeli airstrikes on Syrian airbase
Local
19 August 2026
Tamil Nadu grants 365-day maternity leave for third child
Local
19 August 2026
Unitree shares soar over 600% in Shanghai debut
Local
19 August 2026
Ex-DOJ Attorney says Trump's University Antisemitism Probes Lacked Evidence
Local
19 August 2026