Hirunews Logo
FBI-Apple+Case%3A+Investigators+Break+Into+Dead+San+Bernardino+Gunman%27s+iPhone
Tuesday, 29 March 2016 - 11:54
FBI-Apple Case: Investigators Break Into Dead San Bernardino Gunman's iPhone
108

Shares
13,073

Views

The FBI has managed to unlock the iPhone of the San Bernardino gunman without Apple's help, ending a court case, the US justice department says.

Apple had been resisting a court order issued last month requiring the firm to write new software to allow officials to access Syed Rizwan Farook's phone.

But officials on Monday said that it had been accessed independently and asked for the order to be withdrawn.

Farook and his wife killed 14 people in San Bernardino in December.

They were later shot dead by police. US officials said Farook's wife, Tashfeen Malik, pledged allegiance to the so-called Islamic State on social media on the day of the shooting.

Make a Comment
Make a Comment

DOWNLOAD HIRUNEWS APP ON ANDROID & APPLE
News Image
Hiru News Programme Segments
432 Views
56 Views
1,737 Views
39,099 Views
2,331 Views
40,412 Views
Top